This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 2/5/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAssist and lead the Stewarding Team, Restaurant Outlets, and Director of Food and Beverage in the cleaning and organizing of the Food and Beverage Outlets.
* Maintain organization and ensure proper storage and cleaning of all rolling stock and racks, silver, presoaking and operation of dish machine.
* Perform special cleaning projects as assigned.
* Ensure proper set-up, breakdown and maintenance of all banquet functions.
* Interview, hire and train new stewards as required. Maintain proper administrative records on associates i.e. Attendance log, coaching and counseling sessions, disciplinary forms, etc.
* Ensure that floors are swept and mopped. Keep floors clean and dry, spills are picked up immediately using wet floor signs, dry rags, and dry mops.
* Clean walls, tables, racks, sinks, floor mats and disposal area. Polish stainless steel.
* Clean ovens, hoods, filters, drains, hot boxes, steam tables, flat boxes and ceiling vents, according to schedule or as specified by the Executive Chef or Chef of their respective area of responsibility.
* Ensure all trash is emptied at end of shifts; containers washed out and returned to kitchens.
* Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
* Perform any other job related duties as assigned. Experience, Skills and Knowledge
* High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
* At least 6 months experience as a Steward.
* Knowledge of service ware and how to maintain same in order to compliment guest experience.
* Ability to push/pull service carts weighing up to 150 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Ability to transport heavy objects through a crowded room with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Ability to grasp, lift and carry, move or push goods on a hand cart/truck weighing a maximum of 200lbs. with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Ability to operate dish machine, burnisher, steam cleaner, cardboard bailer, dishware handling, and floor maintenance with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Must have the ability to communicate in English. Benefits HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefits plan that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you! For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life Insurance and Short and Long-Term Disability. In addition, our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future. HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled