Stock and Tax Administrator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 2/4/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONSince 1919, Kennedy/Jenks Consultants has provided engineering and scientific solutions to municipal agencies, businesses and industrial facilities. With offices serving clients throughout the United States, we provide consulting services nationwide. Since our firm's inception, we have focused on providing clients with exceptional personalized service, highly qualified professional staff, and technically advanced engineering solutions. Kennedy/Jenks Consultants continues to lead the industry with innovative, award-winning projects that remain at the vanguard of engineering technology and applied science.
The Stock and Tax Administrator manages the administration and compliance of the employee stock program, assists with tax reporting and compliance, and handles business and professional licensing filings. This role also provides support in other finance/accounting related projects and tasks, including fleet management. This position reports to the CFO.
* Manages the annual grant process.
* Provides stock plan analysis for management review.
* Manages the distribution of year-end statement of taxable income, W-2 income calculations and tax filings related to stock.
* Process transactions for stock releases
* Process equity grants for new hires and existing employees
* Generates reports as needed for finance, audit, tax, HR, payroll and legal filings.
* Input equity valuations into the database and generate valuation reports for quarterly income tax reporting, FAS 123R accounting, payroll reporting.
* Interface with external and internal auditors during audit periods and ensure all documents have appropriate approvals and tracked
* Partners with HR and Legal to ensure on-going compliance.
* Evaluates best practices to drive change in stock plan administration to improve efficiency and compliance.
* Manages and develops employee communication and education programs and materials
* Answers employees questions and resolves problems
* Maintain the stock database and keep information accurate and up to date
* Prepare and review sales & use and personal property tax returns
* Research and prepare work papers for various book to tax differences.
* Reconcile various sales & use tax accounts on quarterly and annual basis
* Perform year-end accrual review and prepare the tax provision.
* Prepare/review other various tax filings: Annual reports, Intangible Tax, Sales and Use Tax.
* Review and respond to notices from various taxing authorities.
* Gather data and conduct thorough analysis to determine exposure for all state sales & use and personal property tax audits.
* Perform research.
* Assist in federal and state audits.
* Maintain required level of technical knowledge and keep abreast of current developments in the tax area.
* Complete other tax projects as they arise.
* Assist in financial planning and analysis.
* Track corporate, professional and business license renewals, registrations and filings
* Process renewals and new registrations
* Maintain and update tax and licensing database
* Provide assistance and information as needed
* Coordinate with fleet Leasing partners and field offices
* Ensure timely delivery/transfer of leased company vehicles
* Review and pay monthly lease invoices in a timely manner
* Respond to and resolve issues relating to the fleet program
* Bachelor s degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent experience in a financial field
* Certified Equity Professional preferred
* Strong mathematical skills
* Equity compensation experience related to stock administration preferred
* Experience using stock database software
* Strong skills Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers and employees
* Strong organizational skills
* Able to work independently and as part of a team
* Great interpersonal skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, excellent customer service skills
* Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
* Able to work with various levels of management and handle confidential data
As an employee-owned firm, Kennedy/Jenks offers a unique company culture with a corporate commitment to a maintaining a positive work/life experience. Kennedy/Jenks Consultants provides excellent compensation and comprehensive benefits packages, including career advancement opportunities, outstanding training opportunities, stock ownership, profit sharing and excellent health, dental, and life insurance.
Kennedy/Jenks Consultants is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.