This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 11/3/2016
Cobham Mission Systems Orchard Park
Orchard Park, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Cobham is seeking a Stockroom Clerk that will communicate and coordinate with the MTL regarding specific material management/ movement needs (kit pulls, Kanban, milk runs, cycle counts and inventory transactions to ensure timely delivery to the shop floor and inventory accuracy; to perform material management activities within the confines of the systems and procedures, the Oracle operating system and the certified operator system. This position is located in Orchard Park, NY.
* Training matrix and special process certification maintenance.
* To participate in 5S cell efforts and continuous improvement.
* To identify improvement opportunities.
* Assist with cross training of other stock room personnel.
* Responsible for ensuring that Environmental, Health, and Safety are included as part of everyday activities.
* Ability to lift and move parts and product up to 50 lbs.
* Material handling responsibilities associated with receiving parts, repackaging parts, transacting parts, counting parts, and stocking parts within the main company Stock Room and also within the manufacturing floor teams and cells.
* Develop a working knowledge of Carleton Systems & Procedures and proficiency in Oracle Operating System.
* Understanding of Lean, Six Sigma, Cellular Manufacturing, One Piece Flow, and Continuous Improvement concepts.
* General A&T work ethics, attitude, work policy compliance, desire to learn from and train others, efficient use of overtime, dependability, cleanliness, safety, workmanship.
* Minimum of one year of material management/stock room experience.
* Completed High School Diploma or GED is required.
* This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
* Completed two-year technical degree preferred.
* Experience with Oracle preferred.
* Organization, communication and attention to detail skills.
* Experience in material movement of small parts in a manufacturing environment is a plus.
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And its the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
See all of our latest opportunities at www.cobham.com/careers or follow us on our LinkedIn page at www.linkedin.com/company/cobham
To be considered you must apply by going to www.cobham.com/careers
Job Category: Technicians & Operators
Primary Location: US-New York-Orchard Park
Organization: Cobham Mission Systems Orchard Park
Recruiter: Theresa Zens