Storage Engineer - Intermediate
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 1/5/2018
Exeter Government Services
JOB DESCRIPTIONExeter is looking for a Storage Engineer for a position supporting United States Southern Command HQ in Doral, FL (Miami area). This is a long term opportunity; employees have the ability to remain on contract for 6+ years. Paid relocation to Doral is not available; candidates must be local or willing to relocate at their own expense. Upward mobility to more senior positions is possible based on qualifications and performance. The duties of the position are as follows:
Support the development of the Department of Defense (DoD) Joint Information Environment (JIE) implementation plans by providing data center support for a variety of storage systems and Storage Area Network (SAN) infrastructure including, but not limited to:
* Dell EqualLogic
* Cisco UCS
U.S. Citizenship with a current Active Secret or higher Security Clearance - NO EXCEPTIONS.
Bachelor s Degree in IT, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other related field; OR - 10 Years relevant experience in lieu of degree.
At least 5 years experience in Storage Technologies including:
* engineering and implementing disk storage solutions
* configuring SAN switches, including zones and Virtual Storage Area Networks (VSAN),
* performance tuning SAN implementations
* engineering and implementing networked file system such as NFS or CIFS
* developing and implementing disaster recovery solutions including DataDomain, Connectrix and RecoveryPoint devices
* Working knowledge in at least two (2) of the following areas:
* Red Hat Linux Enterprise Linux administration and/or engineering
* Oracle/Solaris systems administration and/or engineering
* Windows administration and/or engineering
* VMware vCenter/vSphere administration and/or engineering
* Database administration and/or engineering using Oracle
* Security posture administration and/or engineering
Two current technical certifications (baseline and Computing Environment) as outlined below NO EXCEPTIONS. Candidates should submit copies of certifications with their resumes.
* MS in Computer Science or related field
* Associate level or professional level certification in relevant subject matter beyond minimum DOD 8570 requirements (CCNA/CCNP/CCIP, RHCT/RHCE, MTA/MCTS/MCSE, EMCSA, NCDA)
* Experience in developing hardware and software documentation and training
* Previous SOUTHCOM IT experience
* Military veterans highly desired
* Certification requirements:
* Must meet DoD 8570.01-M Information Assurance Technical IAT Level II (IAT-II) certification requirements - CompTIA Security+ CE, or any of the other DoD approved IAT II baseline certifications listed at this link: http://iase.disa.mil/iawip/Pages/iabaseline.aspx
* Additionally, Must have a current/valid technically relevant Computing Environment certification. Microsoft certifications must be within one generation of current technology (i.e. Windows Server 2008 or higher)
* Computing Environment
* Microsoft certification (MCSA, MCSE, MCTS, MCITP) in Windows Server; OR
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.