This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
NetCentrics, a Haystax Company, is a leading provider of enterprise systems management, solutions engineering, applications development, information assurance, computer network defense and cybersecurity for The Department of Defense, and other federal agencies. NetCentrics is looking for a Storage Engineer to support out team in Arlington, VA. This position is open only to candidates with an active TS Clearance and eligible for TS/SCI.
Specific Areas of Responsibility:
* Provide day-to-day operational support and technical leadership to a team of experienced system administrators in a large, complex distributed systems environment
* Support 24x7 on-call coverage for backup and recovery issues and independently lead problem management and root cause analysis.
* Perform capacity planning and reporting on performance and quality of backups.
* Explaining difficult concepts and influence others to adopt a different point of view.
* Managing projects or programs with moderate resource requirements, risk and/or complexity
* Leading and monitoring work of others through team and project leadership, which may include monitoring and accountability for costs
* Providing proactive technical coaching and mentoring of other team members as needed
* DoD Top Secret Clearance and SCI-eligible
* Minimum of 5 years of relevant IT work experience.
* Experience with MS Windows Server 2008 installation, configuration and system administration
* Experience with VMWare administration
* Experience with installation, administration, troubleshooting, performance tuning and capacity planning
* Must have hands-on disaster recovery experience with the backup products supported.
* In-depth understanding of replication, encryption and de-duplication technologies.
* Strong understanding of enterprise backup / recovery strategies
* Familiarity with multiple enterprise backup products
* Ability to multi-task and manage projects within tight deadlines concurrently.
* Ability to work independently, with guidance in complex situations
* Strong verbal and written communication
* Experience working in a DoD environment
* ITSM in an operations support environment
* Strong hands-on senior-level experience in a large TSM and or Netbackup client / server environment with competing product experience in an enterprise environment comprising of many flavors of operating systems , virtual tape technologies and NDMP backups.
* Working and or conceptual knowledge of SAN.
* Experienced in automating standard operational tasks using Perl or shell scripts
* Skilled in planning and executing proactive maintenance activities in the backup infrastructure.
* Ability to plan, design, implement, and enhance business continuity and DR capabilities.
* Bachelor s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer/Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or other related field.
**In order to be considered for this position, you must apply directly through our careers site**
NetCentrics, a Haystax Company, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.