This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/21/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
NTT Data Inc
Universal City, CA
As a Storage Engineer, you will be responsible for the implementation of Storage Projects or projects where storage is part of the Service Delivery.
* Ability to multi-task in a fast paced, complex organization
* Extensive experience managing employees and partner resources
* Perform Annual Employee Reviews.
* Good coordination and organization skills.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Participate in all phases of storage solving, including design, analysis, and costing at a highly technical level
* Configure and execute daily, weekly and monthly capacity and performance trending reports
* Demonstrate the ability to communicate technical concepts to colleagues on SAN related issues and/or tasks. Provide regular status reports on tasks accomplished, current issues, and progress toward goals. Provide technical presentations as necessary to communicate ongoing projects
* Establish upgrade processes, documentation, and test results of all Enterprise storage infrastructures in accordance with Storage Engineering standards. Assist with the continuous analysis of the groups' processes to drive efficiencies.
* Configure and maintain EMC VMAX, VNX, VPlex, FAST VP, Netapp 3000x / 6000x / 8000x Brocade, McData and Cisco fiber switches.
* Ability to lead diverse teams, takes acceptable risks, and develops innovative solutions to business and technical problems.
* Adhere and follow technical Standards
* Able to technically participate on all technology refresh cycles (EMC, Netapp, etc.)
* Able to provision storage to Oracle / Redhat Linux, Windows, Solaris and IBM AIX Operating Systems.
* Be able to effectively troubleshoot storage availability, connectivity and performance issues from the filesystem through to the physical drive.
* Carry out maintenance and code upgrades of all storage devices and associated software.
* Produce metrics for Management in order to gauge the effectiveness of the group.
* Knowledge of backup, restore & compression methodologies such as Protection manager & Recover Point.
* Knowledge of Change management, able to work with application owners, assist on brokering change windows.
* Drive automation where possible
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
* Seven (7) years expertise working with EMC , Netapp, Brocade, McData and Cisco storage devices.
* Seven (7) years expertise with at least three of the following operating systems; Redhat Linux, Sun Solaris, Windows
* Knowledge of database fundamentals related to Oracle or SQL Server.
* Knowledge of SAN, NFS and Virtual platforms (VMware) preferred
* Candidate must be willing to travel occasionally
* Eight (8+) years professional level experience
* Three (3+) years supervisory experience
* Proactive Thinker / Self Starter
* Team Player
* Strong technical aptitude
* Ability to work under pressure
* The ability to multi-task and complete assignments to meet deadlines
* Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills
* Innovative thinker
* Know when to delegate
* Customer Service focus
* Strong communicator
* Knowledge of the technical aspects of hardware/software subject matter
* Industry Knowledge
* SAN: 5+ years
* EMC: 5+ years
* VMAX: 2+ years
* VNX: 2+ years
* VPlex: 2+ years
* Netapps 3000x / 6000x / 8000x: 5 years
* Oracle, Redhat Linux, Windows, Solaris, IBM: 4+ years
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.