Store Receiving Specialist - Full-time - Store #205
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/21/2016
END DATE 10/16/2016
When you work with The Fresh Market you're part of a team that is creating new breakthroughs in our industry. We'll see you and treat you as the valuable person that you are. We'll recognize your contributions and nurture your aspirations. We'll take you seriously and support your growth in whatever direction you choose. Bring everything that makes you unique and special. Bring your talents, your imagination, your ideas, and your dreams. We'll put them to work in a winning way. Join the Fresh Market, and you'll work for a company that's dedicated to making positive, lasting impressions, on our customers and on our employees. A company that cares just as much about the little things as we do about the big ones. Because after all, it's the experience that matters.Position Description
As a Store Receiving Specialist with The Fresh Market you will be responsible for managing the Store Receiving processes working in close partnership with store management to ensure that all objectives/goals of the store are met or exceeded. Candidates must be prepared to think, learn and contribute all while consistently communicating and modeling The Fresh Market's vision and goals. Excellent communication, multitasking and self-motivation skills are essential to success at The Fresh Market. Successful specialists also demonstrate a high level of integrity with store products, employees, vendors, and our customers.
Join the Fresh Market, and you'll work for a company that's dedicated to making positive, lasting impressions, on our customers and on our employees. A company that cares just as much about the little things as we do about the big ones. Because after all, it's the experience that matters.
This job description is intended to set forth the core functions required for this position and describe the general nature of the work performed by employees in this position. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job. Employees may be assigned additional responsibilities as necessary. The Company reserves the right to revise this job description at any time and to require employees to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of the Company's business, competitive considerations, or the work environment changes.
The Fresh Market prefers previous experience in the retail, grocery, deli, hospitality, or restaurant industry. The ideal candidate must have demonstrated excellent communication and leadership skills and possess basic math skills for ordering and inventory. A working knowledge of receiving is preferred. The Fresh Market will require demonstrated strong attention to detail, merchandising and multi-tasking skills. The ideal candidate must be highly motivated with a sense of urgency, organized and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment at all times with all levels of employees. The ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the store is required. Demonstrated excellent people skills are required for all positions within The Fresh Market.
- Demonstrate the ability to be organized, to work independently and with the team to provide the highest quality shopping experience, while maintaining product assortment to drive sales.
- Set and achieve the highest standards in retail execution focused on maximizing sales and profit
- Establish and maintain a positive work environment, which encourages an exceptionally high level of Team Member morale. Focusing the employees on creating an environment built on team work and inspiring a 'one team' mentality.
- Demonstrated ability to work with computers and computer based programs, to include but not limited to, ordering, sign creation, inventory and email communication.
- Demonstrate the ability to manage and coordinate all DSD and internal vendors including, but limited to, receiving all merchandise, processing credits, department invoices and weekly purchase summaries.
- Maintain seasonal product process including but not limited to, receiving and pricing during crucial holiday periods. (e.g. holiday candy, holiday bulk product, holiday grocery displays)
- Develop and implement routines to ensure food is in date and in stock, including but not limited to, rotation of stock, working back stock
- Maintain the cleanliness and conditions of the backroom through utilizing, assigning tasks and following up on the department cleaning schedule.
- Maintain proper product assortment, pricing, merchandising, and inventory control to achieve required margin. (e.g. Quarterly Inventory, Cycle Counts, Weekly reset audits, Weekly tag changes)
- Maintain supply inventory including both processing the order and organizing supplies upon arrival.
- Demonstrated ability to multi task and assist in other departments throughout the day.
- Maintain organization and sanitation in coolers, desk area and work stations.
- Demonstrate the ability to provide outstanding customer delight in an environment focused on sales.
- Follow all company guidelines and procedures, to include but not limited to, safety and sanitation.
- Offer daily feedback to the Store Management regarding successes and areas of opportunity
- Demonstrate the ability to support and engage customers through regular sampling in the Store.
- Demonstrated level of empowerment to solve customer complaints and develop employees to do the same.
Physical Capabilities / Job DemandsContinuously (67%-100% of the work shift)
- Lift 0 to 10 lbs.
Frequently (34%-66% of the work shift)
- Lift 11 to 20 lbs.
- Carry 0 to 10 lbs.
- Bend, Reach, Push/Pull and repetitive use of hands
Occasionally (Up to 33% of the work shift)
- Lift 21 to Over 50 lbs.
- Carry 11 to 20 lbs.
- Squat, Climb and Balance
- Physically present at the workplace/store and in strict adherence to the Company's attendance and punctuality requirements- The ability, open availability, and willingness to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the store are required, including, but not limited to, weekend, day, evening, and overnight and holiday work, as needed to meet the demands of the store.- Exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, ovens, freezer, outdoors, etc.)- Minimum age for employment is 18At The Fresh Market we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. The Fresh Market hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position to be filled. The position covered by this Job Description is expressly declared to be 'at will,' meaning the Company has the right to terminate the incumbent's employment at any time, with or without cause. Any written or oral promises or representations to the contrary are expressly disavowed and should not be relied upon by any employee. Any change to this 'at will' employment status must be in writing and signed by the company designated personnel.