Strategic Account Manager - ST
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Strategic Account Manager maintains, expands and develops relationships with strategically important customers and drives new business objectives within the specified territory. The position will have objectives of managing assigned named customers and driving new strategic business development growth in strategic vertical markets and business segments.
The Account Manager is responsible for achieving defined sales quota and assigned strategic account objectives. The Account Manager represents the entire range of company products and services within their territory, while leading the customer account planning cycle and ensuring customers; needs and expectations are met by the company.
Candidates must have experience in managing and driving a solutions selling process in capital based application heavy markets. The ideal candidate must have demonstrated successes in selling Integrated Material Handling Systems through all levels of an organization. The Strategic Account Manager reports to the Director of Midwest Operations.
* Establishes productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned customer accounts.
* Coordinates the involvement of company personnel, including support, service, and management resources, in order to meet account performance objectives and customers expectations.
* Meets assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives.
* Proactively leads a joint company-strategic account planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones for a one and three-year period.
* Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates customer needs on an ongoing basis.
* Leads solution development efforts that best address customer needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary company personnel.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND PERFORMANCE MEASURES
* Achieves assigned sales quota in designated regional territory.
* Meets assigned expectations for profitability.
* Achieves strategic customer objectives defined by company management.
* Completes strategic customer account plans that meet company standards.
* Maintains high customer satisfaction ratings that meet company standards.
* Representatives to ensure customer satisfaction and problem resolution.
* This position may have in-direct report staff assigned to support responsibilities in specific customers or projects.
* The Strategic Account Manager must possess and continue to develop expert knowledge in the latest logistics technologies in order to guide the customer towards the optimum solution available.
* Four year college degree from an accredited institution.
* Minimum five years of strategic sales experience in a business-to business sales environment.
* PC proficiency.
* This position requires travel and flexible follow through.