Strategic Accounts Manager I - Government, Education, Healthcare Markets
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 11/30/2016
Herman Miller, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONGeneral Purpose:
Accountable for achieving/exceeding revenue, profit, and market share growth objectives, inclusive of the full Herman Miller family of companies, for targeted strategic accounts in an assigned territory. Serves as key contact with customers to develop and establish productive relationships with decision-makers, influencing them by using selling skills to discover/diagnose their needs, and deliver world-class solutions.
* Accountable for achieving assigned goals for sales, orders, shipment volumes, new business, and margin percentage.
* Develops and grows assigned strategic accounts in local market.
* Develops and executes business plan for new and existing accounts, guides relationships with end users, A D Firms, and Dealers associated with these accounts.
* Effectively partners and engages with distribution and commercial partners within their market sales area (Metropolitan Statistical Area -- MSA).
* Provides insight into new trends and modes of work that will make a case for change or help customers realize a need (demand generation).
* Guides strategy for assigned accounts to achieve volume goals through the development and maintenance of long-term relationships with select customers, ensuring long-term customer satisfaction.
* Builds and maintains key relationships, presenting a positive image of Herman Miller companies in the marketplace.
* Effectively manages client situations to a positive result, anticipating problems, working with key internal constituents, and developing contingency plans.
* Networks and manages communication between Leadership, Field Sales, Marketing, Dealers, Contracts, and Customer Care.
* Protects the account from the competition by understanding the competitions' position and strategies.
* Conducts all sales activities and processes within the parameters of Herman Miller companies processes by strategically utilizing corporately-provided tools/resources.
* Keeps current with the account through research to identify possible trigger events to penetrate the account.
* Responds to and supports opportunities within the account.
* Manages Customer Relationship Management (CRM) information appropriately, provides timely reporting as needed, and manages assigned expense and program budgets.
* Spends over 75 percent of the time in the Field calling on customers, partnering with Territory Sales and Dealers to grow relationships, and develop/manage business plans (including necessary overnight travel).
* Performs additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
* Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or related field, equivalent level of experience considered.
* At least two years of successful contract/capital goods selling and account management experience preferred.
* Some knowledge of Herman Miller Healthcare products, services, and culture, as well as the ability to distinguish Herman Miller Healthcare products/services from the competition.
* Selling skills, e.g., account penetration, strategic selling, conceptual selling, issues-based selling, consultative selling, negotiation and contracts, as well as the ability to think strategically and execute tactics.
* Must have strong organizational and problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to collaborate and negotiate.
* Strong team player who must be an assertive, self-starter with the self-confidence and ability to represent Herman Miller in a professional manner in order to gain a high level of confidence from a diverse group of customers.
* Must be able to work in a fast-paced, changing environment, at all levels of the organization, and able to build long-term effective relationships with customers/partners.
* Must have a love for new ideas and a passion for the sales process, with an understanding of its foundations, actively seeking opportunities, calculating risks, and committing to action.
* Demonstrated high level of integrity and business ethics.
* Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication ability with strong emphasis on listening.
* Demonstrated ability to effectively use office automation, communication, software, and tools currently used in the Herman Miller office environment.
* Must be able to perform all essential functions with or without accommodations.
HERMAN MILLER IS COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION. WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER INCLUDING VETERANS AND PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES.