Strategic Advisor, Healthcare Delivery Redesign
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 11/23/2016
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
Assists with the complex analysis, evaluation and planning needed to achieve the organization s innovation-based goals through new forms of healthcare reimbursement, healthcare redesign consultation, payer/provider engagement and market offer opportunities. Promotes enterprise understanding of the key areas in which the company is seeking to create competitive differentiation and establish sustainable competitive advantage in the marketplace.
* Support the implementation of healthcare redesign, provider reimbursement and partnership strategies to meet BCBSNC s growth objectives, as well as manage healthcare costs while improving outcomes and the healthcare experience for our members.
* Support and manage development efforts related to the enhancement and maintenance of our current products and market offer components.
* Assists with critical activities such as strategic planning, complex financial/qualitative analysis and thought leadership at a departmental and enterprise level.
* Present information such as strategic concepts, planning data, medical expense/reimbursement rates, provider performance metrics and impact assessments to both internal and external audiences at all levels, including leadership.
* Organize, optimize and communicate progress towards the completion of overall work portfolio.
* Collaborate with and support other departments across the enterprise on both common initiatives and unique ventures, acting as a representative for healthcare delivery transformation and/or healthcare reimbursement and strategy.
* Analyze and monitor industry, regulatory, technology and market-based trends that affect divisional operations, provider reimbursement, medical expense strategy and overall payer-provider dynamics.
* Supports efforts for operational improvements with new analysis/reporting capabilities, project management techniques and/or consulting/engagement approaches.
* Bachelor s degree with at least 4 years experience with responsibility for strategic/business development, strategic planning, market or product development, healthcare operations, or business process improvement.
* OR Masters degree with at least 2 years experience as stated above.
* Experience implementing business and contractual issues as well as serving as a liaison to business executives, internal and external, and other outside advisors
* Should have some experience related to the management and delivery of programs, projects and work efforts in a portfolio-based environment
* Masters in Health Administration, Business Administration or Public Health
* Negotiation and/or consultative experience is preferred.
* Previous work experience in health insurance or health care industry with multi-faceted knowledge of healthcare delivery systems is strongly preferred..
* Previous Network Management experience and/or other direct experience with provider reimbursement and pay for performance program design.
* Knowledge of ACO/PCMH, bundled payments and HMO payment models
* Understanding of BCBSNC business, systems, and organization preferred (may be specific to Finance, Healthcare, Network Management, Sales and marketing, IS, and/or Operations based on determined need of team)
* The ability to manage goals successfully through collaboration and teamwork.
* Consultative skills to assist with facilitation of difficult conversations..
* Ability to contribute to the creation and communications of business cases as well as design and implement development programs.
* Skills in stakeholder management, problem/issue resolution and cross-team collaboration
* Planning and portfolio management skills.
* Ability to think creatively and strategically while handling difficult and/or complex issues
* Strong oral and written communication skills with ability to present information effectively Ability to meet time deadlines and effectively manage multiple priorities.
* Ability to manage extensive amounts of information, connect and interrelate disparate ideas and thoughts, pay attention to detail, and work effectively with varying constituencies
* Understanding of logic and causal relationships with ability to conduct relevant research as needed.
* Ability to effectively handle changing priorities.
* Strong initiative and interpersonal skills
* Strong interpretation and translation skills ability to understand technical / expert jargon and business needs and help bridge communication gaps.
* Solid experience working in a Windows-based technical environment, including the ability to use all standard MS Office products, as well as experience working with intranet and internet applications..