Strategic Commodity Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
Eastman Kodak Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONEastman Kodak Company is looking for an Equipment Strategic Commodity Manager to join our team in Rochester, NY.
Drives strategic purchasing for the assigned commodity to meet technology requirements, delivery and lead times, quality and total cost. Establishes a supplier base with the goal of populating the base with world-class suppliers.
* Management of all aspects of Sourcing Strategy process, which includes the following major responsibilities: Understanding of key client needs and expectations, including current production and new programs. Establishes and leads sourcing strategy teams that result in formal documentedstrategies. Manages and leads sourcing strategy team in the implementation process of the strategy, communication of strategy results, direction and activities with clients, purchasing management and site buyers.
* Manages and leads cost down activities for major subsystems which include priority setting and communication of results to clients and purchasing management.
* Management of recommended supply base, including the variance process and approval of non-recommended suppliers. Performs supplier evaluations and surveys (benchmarking) plus supplier risk analysis.
* Proactively monitors the development of new technologies and commodity trends from a worldwide sourcing perspective. Negotiates non-disclosure agreements with suppliers.
* Manages the standard part cost selling process (major subsystems), cost performance and price development (contracts). Initiates and drives long-term business agreements with suppliers.
* Responsible to administer key supplier reviews and develop root cause analysis and corrective action for supplier performance issues.
* Provides leadership and guidance in assisting site buyers with problem resolution with day-to-day supply issues.
Required Knowledge/Skills u0026amp; Experience
* Bacheloru0027s degree required (preferably in Supply Chain Management, Business Management or Engineering)
* Thorough understanding of business unitu0027s goals and products.
* Purchasing Experience in multiple commodities.
* General business skills to understand client requirements for supply base.
* Negotiation, leadership and interpersonal skills to interface with Digital SPG and supplier personnel at a variety of levels, including senior management
* Knowledge of specific commodities and items to apply terms to their applications and the external marketplace.
* Analytical skills and flexibility to simplify complex situations identify key issues and solve various problems.
* Sensitivity to other cultures to be able to communications with suppliers from Far East, Europe and Mexico.
* Contracting and law skills to ensure that both Digital SPG and suppliers adhere to existing contracts.
* Project management to be involved in and chair team meetings.
* Cost management skills to negotiate and compare price in terms of desired quality of product.
Critical Success Factors/Competencies
* Strong interpersonal communication skills
* Balanced knowledge in both technical and business environments with ability to communicate effectively in both areas.
* Ability to identify, document and present logical steps, interactions and milestones to execute cross-functional projects.
* Capable of managing multiple, simultaneous, complex problems across different technical disciplines both internally and with suppliers.
* Defines, prioritizes and allocates resources effectively to critical corrective actions.
* Plan, and prioritize assign work to meet internal u0026amp; external customer commitments
* Strong interpersonal communication skills.
* Strong analytical and negotiation skills
* Target Costing Experience
* Capable of managing multiple tasks, and assignments
* Defines, prioritizes and allocates resources effectively.
CULTURAL u0026amp; ORGANIZATIONAL EXPERIENCES
* Models the Kodak Values
* Credible and comfortable in front of suppliers, customers, the technical community and senior management
* Demonstrated ability to motivate and drive personnel towards a common goal.
* Previous experience in both small and large organizations
* Keep Management informed on major new product development issues
* Inform purchasing and client management of potential supply issues
oTrack and report on purchasing (delivery u0026amp; cost)
Eastman Kodak Company (Kodak) is committed to providing a work environment that is free from unlawful discrimination and harassment in any form. It is Kodak s policy to comply with all applicable laws that provide equal opportunity in employment for all persons and to prohibit unlawful discrimination in employment. Kodak s policy is not to discriminate by reason of race, color, religion, sex/gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. In addition, in each country in which it operates, Kodak will comply with all applicable laws prohibiting employment discrimination based on any other factor.