Strategic HR Business Partner (Digital)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
tronc (formerly Tribune Publishing)
Los Angeles, CA
tronc (formerly Tribune Publishing) is seeking an HR Talent Engagement Manager to join our team at our Los Angeles Times location and partner with our functional Digital group. We're in a unique position in that we're a well-recognized brand with an innovative, start-up mentality. And, we're in the midst of a revolutionary pivot; our national newspaper company is evolving into a global media organization. If you'd like to directly impact the success of a growing company (and would like to grow with us, of course), then this may be the job for you!
In this role, you'll be a trusted resource for your assigned client group - Digital (Digital Marketing Acquisition, Motiv8, ForSaleByOwner.com, DigitalTechnology, Business Development, Revenue Operations, and Tribune Content Agency.) - and the go-to partner for the team members, managers, and leaders that you support. This position is perfect for the overachiever who loves working in a fast-paced and ever-evolving content-focused environment. We're looking for someone who likes to drive innovation, take ownership, and drive employee/manager partnerships to success while rolling up their sleeves on a day-to-day basis.
The right person for this role has previous experience working for both national and start-up companies, has a digital/tech industry background, has successfully coached business leaders, managers, and team members, is viewed as a credible and influential partner across their current organization.
AT TRONC, WE BELIEVE IN COMPREHENSIVE REWARDS PACKAGES:
* Competitive salaries
* Exciting opportunities with room for growth within the company
* A competitive insurance package including medical, dental, vision, and life
* 401(k) with company matching
* Paid time off
* Other coordinated discounts/perks
* BUSINESS ACUMEN: Uses knowledge of the organization's processes and the external operating environment to improve human capital and business outcomes
* DIGITAL INDUSTRY-CULTURE ACUMEN: Uses knowledge to help tronc transforms its content, clients, customers, and talent
* WORKFORCE MANAGEMENT: Uses knowledge of attraction, engagement, and performance management to meet talent needs of the organization
* Contribute to the business strategy by helping business leaders identify, prioritize, and build organizational capabilities, behaviors, structures, and processes
* Support line managers in forecasting and planning their talent pipeline requirements in line with the business strategy
* Adjust HR strategy to reflect changing business needs
* Help managers provide employees with development opportunities and ensure that they're able to meet current and future performance standards
* Ensure a strong leadership and coaching culture permeates the organization
* Partner with leaders to provide counsel during reorganizations, restructuring, and downsizing workforce efforts when necessary
* Develop clear, actionable steps in support of an overall business strategy
* Use diagnostic and consultative organization design and development skills to assist in developing and identifying the next generation of leaders
* Identify and utilize HR metrics to assist management in resolving business-related issues
KEY COMPETENCIES OR SKILLS:
* METRICS USE AND CREATION: Ability to identify and use metrics to make the business case for HR programs, align HR strategy with business goals, and assess HR program performance
* INNOVATION: Ability to customize and/or implement new solutions to HR challenges in creative ways
* LEADERSHIP: Ability to persuade line managers of the need for new or existing HR programs
* CONFLICT RESOLUTION: Ability to resolve conflicts between employees
* PRESENTATION: Ability to create and facilitate effective presentations
* A minimum of 5years of HRexperience, including leadership positions involving interface with senior management
* Experience in a **medium/large, national company** as well some **start-up/digital industry**experience is REQUIRED
* Track record of success in developing innovative, effective HR strategies and programs
* Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
* Outstanding people, resources, and project management skills
* Ability to effectively handle strategic as well as day-to-day issues
* High ability to lead and to challenge the status quo
* Ability to provide leadership to remote sites
tronc, Inc. (formerly Tribune Publishing) is a media company rooted in award-winning journalism, which harnesses proprietary technology to present personalized, premium content to a global audience in real time. tronc draws content from its vast media portfolio, where a commitment to informing and inspiring communities has earned 92 Pulitzer Prizes and a monthly audience of 60 million. From pixels to Pulitzers, tronc brands optimize content and create engaging experiences for audiences across all channels. Learn more at www.tronc.com/about-us.
At tronc, we believe in fostering growth, learning new skills, and making sure every team member feels valued. If you think you'd be a great fit here, we'd love for you to apply!