Strategic Marketing- Structural Heart Products
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 2/17/2017
W.L. Gore & Associates, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONGore is a technology-driven global company built on entrepreneurial innovation, integrity, and teamwork. Our diverse portfolio includes everything from high-performance fabrics and implantable medical devices to industrial manufacturing components and aerospace electronics. Through our product leadership, we've been changing lives and changing industries for more than 50 years. What can you change by joining Gore? Visit gore.com/change-life to find out.
Gore Medical Products has provided creative therapeutic solutions to complex medical problems for 35 years, saving and improving the quality of lives worldwide. As a leading manufacturer of vascular grafts, endovascular and interventional devices, surgical meshes for hernia repair, and sutures, we are looking for a Structural Heart Strategic Marketer to join our team in Flagstaff, AZ.
Just 150 miles north of Phoenix and 80 miles south of the Grand Canyon, Flagstaff is an ideal place to join Gore and change. Surrounded by pine forests and mountains, Flagstaff offers natural beauty, small-town charm, a vibrant educational community, and a diverse culture. Outdoor enthusiasts enjoy all four seasons here, with 300 days of sunshine and a variety of recreational activities. A major employer in Arizona's growing bioscience sector, Gore has led Flagstaff's growth in medical device jobs since 1975.
If you are searching for a company where you can make a difference, were looking for you. In this role, you will be focused on Structural Heart market development, and will lead and coordinate comprehensive market assessments to support prioritization and decision making for key initiatives in Gores innovation pipeline. You will partner with the Structural Heart business, Product Specialists, and Engineering teams in support of business-aligned new-product development efforts, as well as the identification and development of new product and non-product solutions for the Structural Heart portfolio. You will also work with global, cross-functional teams to integrate marketing disciplines with external focus to advance business objectives. You will also work across businesses in concert with other strategic marketers to ensure consistent application of contemporary marketing tools. This is a critical role for the Medical Products Division at Gore as we execute on our marketing plans to build our portfolio and drive profitable growth in the context of a changing healthcare environment.
The ideal candidate will be:
* Energized by working with a team of passionate Associates who are committed to developing, supporting and selling products that perform as intended the first time and every time
* Passionate about our principled approach to engaging customers, fellow Associates, and external partners
* A self-starter who derives energy from winning as a team
* Identifying, anticipating, and scoping out attractive market opportunities
* Exercising discipline to define the market landscape, market lifecycles, value chain, threats and opportunities
* Understanding, defining and integrating voice of customer (VOC), market needs and competitive landscape to advance product and portfolio business objectives
* Translating VOC into clear, concise, and compelling clinical and economic evidence generation plans to support product and non-product solutions
* Assessing Gores potential for sustainable competitive advantage
* Selectively initiating, understanding, and applying market research
* Building the Gore brand through an alignment with portfolio branding initiatives
* Ensuring strong partnerships and integration with engineering, clinical, and regulatory teams and support functions to implement shared strategies and development activities
* Forecasting and monitoring marketing investments and portfolio performance on a global basis
* Partnering with Structural Heart Downstream Marketing to ensure successful launches of new products
* Assisting the development of effective marketing strategies to grow or defend product adoption within the Structural Heart portfolio
REQUIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
* Bachelors degree in Marketing or related discipline
* A minimum of 5 years of strategic marketing experience in the medical device, pharmaceutical, or life sciences industries
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills
* Demonstrated ability to:
* Develop and execute upstream marketing functions
* Understand and apply market research, including methodology and analysis
* Develop sub-brand strategic plans to capitalize on market insights and trends
* Influence and integrate individuals and teams to execute against strategic plans
* Partner with engineering organizations and business partners to drive successful completion of projects and drive profitable share growth
* Ability to travel overnight 25-40%
DESIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
* Experience working in the cardiology market space
* Experience identifying and launching a first to market product
Gore is committed to a drug-free workplace. All employment is contingent upon successful completion of drug and background screening.
Gore requires all applicants to be eligible to work within the US. Gore generally will not sponsor visas unless otherwise noted on the position description.
Gore is a M/F, Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer. (Applies to all positions in the U.S.)
KEYWORDS: Gore, job, Flagstaff, AZ, Arizona, technology, innovation, marketer, marketing, plans, commercialized, business, objectives, healthcare, positioning, concept, customers, communications, communicating, promotions, sales, strategies, initiatives, research, brand, branding, forecasting, monitoring, investments, tracking, evaluating, reporting, reports, ROI, publication, pharmaceutical, device