Strategic Operations Leader 8/24/2016
San Jose, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The ideal candidate should possess the ability to make recommendations, provide constructive feedback to and guide senior executives based on business acumen, alignment to and understanding of the strategic landscape, leveraging analytical skills as needed to create a business case. He/She should be able to effortlessly move from strategic thinking to managing tactical issues. This position requires the candidate to work extensively with the senior leadership team and partner with other functional organizations.
A pro-active and aggressive approach to take on difficult issues and to uncover and address areas of weakness will be critical. Given the role will work extensively with product management leaders, previous experience in product management or at a minimum desire and interest in product management will be highly beneficial. This role could serve as a stepping-stone into a product management leadership position.
* Lead critical business initiatives across the Wireless group and with other organizations with (strategic planning, goal alignment, organizational design, product planning, and operations);
* Lead business planning and portfolio analysis;
* Partner with senior leadership team to align and execute the Wireless vision;
* Provide impartial analysis of Wireless performance;
* Execute management processes (staff meetings, ops review, etc.) with a high degree of productivity, efficiency and scale;
* Align efforts on goals and financial and performance metrics; and
* Support and further enable the overall effectiveness for the VP of Wireless.
* 10+ years of experience in high-level strategic roles with combined background experience across operations, consulting and technology;
* Demonstrated ability to work closely with senior leadership to translate strategic vision into tactical action;
* Demonstrated ability to be a constant force for innovation and improvement in the development of world class enterprise wireless solutions;
* A proven track record of success leading business operations for complex wireless solutions with in-depth knowledge of leading-edge product trends, requirements, and competitive dynamics;
* Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally and communicate effectively with other parts of the business;
* Strong verbal and written communication, facilitation, and interpersonal skills;
* Collaborative and open style which is pro-active and service oriented;
* Possess an adaptive and agile mind-set to adjust to shifts in market;
* Entrepreneurial, with a natural curiosity to explore new ideas;
* Will possess a high energy level coupled with a consultative style; and
* Domestic and international travel is required.
Bachelor's degreerequired.* Master's degreerequired.