Strategic Outsourcing Manager (Pharma)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Manager, Strategic Partners COE will report to the Sr. Director of S&T Strategic Partners - Center of Excellence. The individual will develop the strategy and lead evaluations, implementation, tracking and management of outsourcing and supplier relationship management programs. Additionally, will collaborate and partner closely with procurement in the planning and implementation of such initiatives.
Drives Strategic Outsourcing Category Management to meet the needs of Science and Technology(S&T):
* Works in partnership with Procurement as SME support to devise and execute outsourcing strategies
* Collaborates with Regulatory, R&D, Clinical, HEOR, Engineering, Medical Affairs and Project Management to understand and integrate business requirements
* Serves as subject matter expert for drug development categories inclusive of third party, contract development organizations, formulation labs, analytical labs, medical devices, and contract research organizations and other service providers related to drug development and pharma regulatory
* Aligns Strategic Partners goals with S evaluating the market and assessing suppliers; evaluating competitive offerings to determine the overall best offer for goods or services
* Develops and negotiates complex contracts in concert with Legal and R&D
* Coordinates project activity closely with procurement in design and SOW creation for RFIs, RFPs and Reverse Auctions
* Continually monitors market dynamics that may impact outsourcing category strategies and derives outsourcing recommendations
* Drives sustainable and substantial value. Fosters relationships with key internal stakeholders within Company and at suppliers
* Acts as strategic business partner with S assist supervisor in the financial analyses and reporting to Finance and Senior Management, as required; and identify and prepare formal strategies to resolve financial or operational issues which impact timelines, budgets, contracts, deliverables, and relationships
* Support procurement driven S&T sourcing strategy, including potential development of preferred partnerships to create and maintain effective business relationships with service providers
* Identify and implement improvement opportunities in the contracting, negotiating and cost-saving process
* In conjunction with procurement, contribute to and implement strategy for new service needs and help internal stakeholders identify and address service gaps
* Benchmark with industry peers to establish and update best practices for sourcing, contracting and negotiating
* Collaborate with internal stakeholders to ensure understanding of needs and development of project specific needs
* Promote transparency and consistency between providers and Mallinckrodt
* Establish and maintain appropriate and complete documentation and work processes
* Develop and maintain key performance indicators and metrics for S or 5 years' related experience with a Master's degree.
_Required Skills/Qualifications and Competencies:_
* Excellent knowledge of the clinical development and other science and technology development process and vendor management process (including best practices), along with the ability to bridge science and business, to oversee contracting of investigators and organizations supplying clinical and other science and technology related services and to develop with procurement contracting strategies.
* Experience developing a cross functional SRM program utilizing and developing Key Performance Metrics and Service Level Agreements
* Demonstrated mastery of outsourcing/SRM including: category management skills, methodologies for measuring the value of outsourcing decisions (financial and qualitative), contract management, financial analysis, market analysis, supplier analysis,
* Must have knowledge of cGCP, ICH, FDA, and other regulatory requirements.
* Supplier diversity and supplier relationship management
* Expertise in internal stakeholder management, continuous improvement, and project management
* Highly organized individual with the ability to set and manage multiple priorities to complete tasks within established and often, tight, timelines; work in a fast-paced matrix environment, interact well with all levels of the company, and work without direct supervision.
* Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the proven ability to obtain results
* Strong negotiation skills
* Strong team player
* Proven business acumen
* Display behaviors in accordance with Mallinckrodt Values
* Strong computer skills; must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and SharePoint
* Lean Six Sigma training/background preferred
* Preferred background in financial modeling -Total Cost of Ownership(TCO) and Total Value of Ownership(TVO)
* Membership in the International Association of Outsourcing Professionals (IAOP) and Certified Outsourcing Professional (COP) certification is highly desirable
RELATIONSHIP WITH OTHERS:
This position interacts with management at all levels of the organization, as well as external vendors
SCOPE OF POSITION:
* Travel 10-20%, flexibility in work hours for international calls.