Strategic Planner, New York Strategy Team
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe are looking for an experienced strategic planner to join Weber Shandwicks fast growing strategy team. This is an exciting opportunity to work directly with a team of highly curious people of all levels. The strategic planner will collaborate with executive level strategy directors as well as our team of talented planners and junior planners to excavate human truths from oblique data, and turn those truths into powerful strategy statements. He or she will be proficient in working with syndicated data, mining analyst reports, and performing literature reviews to gain a deeper understanding of the human problems that underlie brand business problems. The candidate must be a whole brain thinker, with excellent writing and collaboration skills.
* Work closely with the senior strategy team to support strategic development for key accounts
* Lead strategy development for select accounts, with support from junior and senior teams
* Conduct both, primary and secondary, quantitative and qualitative research for existing and potential clients
* Turn observations into insights
* Support responses to new business opportunities and RFPs
* Assist in the development of presentations, client decks and pitches
* Perform business analysis, data mining, and contribute to visual storytelling
* Actively contribute to client meetings, creative brainstorms and strategy sessions
* Manage planning process from research and analysis through development of strategies and tactics to meet client business objectives
* Lead strategic brainstorming sessions and actively contribute to creative ideation
* Design custom metrics aligned to client KPIs and guides periodic reporting to client on achievement of metrics
* Continually evaluate clients ongoing marketing initiatives, and incorporates developments into strategic roadmap as appropriate
* Develop client-ready presentations and documents
* Work internally with department liaisons to ensure deliverables are met in all areas, including creative development, community management and PR initiatives
* Help mentor and inspire the team to consistently deliver superior client solutions that meet or exceed client goals/expectations
* Provide constant clear direction to team members at all times
* Assist executive management with new business proposals as needed
* BA or BS in Psychology, English, Sociology or related fields
* 4 years experience as a Planner/Strategist in an agency environment
* Strong time management, project management and organizational skills
* Proactive, self-starter who can work well both independently and as part of a team
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.