Strategic Sales Hunter
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONDo you glean special joy from converting customers from competitors If so, we've got the job for you. We are looking for a Sales Hunter who lives to land business. This role focuses on growing our Commercial Vehicles business--while also keeping our existing customers happy and loyal.
Have we sold you Keep reading
FIVE THINGS THE EMPLOYEE HANDBOOK WON'T TELL YOU
WHY YOU WANT THIS JOB: You're all about pleasing customers, whether it's courting new business or keeping longtime customers happy.
YOU'LL WANT TO CHANGE YOUR LICENSE PLATE TO THIS: RD WARRIOR. You'll be traveling about 60% of the time so we need someone who is ready be on the move.
FRINGE BENEFIT: Because you'll be traveling, your location is flexible and you won't be tied to an office cubicle.
BUILD YOUR STREET CRED BY: Flexing your Commercial Coatings knowledge during your interview.
ALWAYS BCC THIS PERSON: Sales representative Jim Halpert.
OUR HR DEPARTMENT SAID WE HAD TO INCLUDE BULLET POINTS
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Responsible for sales growth, relationship building, and the development of Strategic Accounts based in targeted segments
* Prospects and lands new accounts through current market segments
* Prospects and lands new accounts through new market segments
* Drives organic growth and margin improvement within existing accounts
* Develops qualified Strategic Account prospects
* Develops market plans for the Commercial Vehicle Builder (OEM's), Distributor, and Large Fleet R&R segments
* Strategic business development responsibilities include:
* Sales proposals and negotiation of supply agreements with potential clients
* Documentation and approvals required for all proposals
* Responsible for coordinating customer incentive program activities
* Base goal is to develop 20% of market sales in Strategic Accounts
* Acts as the single point of contact for all strategic customers within market territory
* Ensures contract compliance and acts as the central point for communication to client of field activities and support issues
* Responsible for Progress and Review meetings with all Strategic Accounts, including annual business plans
* Coordinates the ongoing support and service of accounts that span territories and market boundaries with other Strategic Account Managers
* Leverages relationship at Strategic Accounts to uncover and develop other sales opportunities
* Provides educational forums on industry trends, regulations and technologies by monitoring associations, governmental data, and industry activities
* Acts as an active participant in trade shows and associations to aid in developing new business
* Makes industry presentations that promote the company's products and services
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
* Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university and 7-10years sales experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Experience within manufacturing environments, along with commercial coatings systems, is strongly preferred
* Proven ability to identify business opportunities and develop appropriate strategies and relationships that deliver sales results within a diverse and challenging business climate
* Excellent communication, listening, interpersonal, influencing, and presentation skills
* Ability to interact with key decision makers at all levels at customer accounts and internal management
* Process/continuous improvement methodology preferred
* Must be self-motivated, results driven, and customer-oriented
* Must be able to travel ~60% of the time
TAGS: Hunter, strategic accounts, competitor, PPG, BASF, Sherwin Williams, commercial vehicle line, fleet line, sales, account development, new business, lean, process improvement, Axalta