Strategic Sourcing / Category Manager - Electrical Components 8/20/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Strong Growing & Profitable Fortune 500 Company seeking talented Strategic Sourcing/ Commodity Manager with experience in Electronics & Electrical Components. Will manage large global spend of $125M. Identifying and driving cost improvements across the spend category globally. This is a newly developed procurement organization that has been set up to leverage spend across categories and business that has not been done before. Great opportunity for the right candidate to make significant improvements for the company.
Opportunities for advancement and growth.
* BS Electrical Engineering degree, Masters preferred
* 8-10 years experience of sourcing or manufacturing preferably with multi-location, global business units with $100M+ spend. Category experience in automation control, HMI, electronic and electrical components, EMS, PCBA, wire harness/cable assemblies
* Must be currently sourcing Electrical Components for a Equipment Manufacturer
* Experience in the commercial focus of making solutions value added and helping to simplify and reduce complexity in the supply chain.
* Ability to influence others, strong communications skills, strong project management and negotiations skills and ability to manage complexity and change
* Strong analytical skills, self starter, strong work ethic, excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills
* Must have strong relationships building, soft skills
* Strong computer skills, word, excel, powerpoint, etc. required
* Travel up to 40%, globally and domestically