Strategic Sourcing Manager 9/6/2016
FPC of Savannah
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY FPC of Savannah seeks a Global Strategic Sourcing Manager with expertise in raw materials. This talented contributor should be a strong and confident negotiator who is adept at supplier development and who has experience with multi-site activities. The successful candidate must be able to thrive in a highly collaborative environment, and will report to the Senior Vice President of Procurement.
* Responsible for the selection, evaluation, implementation, and management of strategic suppliers across multiple sites.
* Must execute processes to complete spend analysis, writes RFP's, analyze data, negotiate, implement and monitor compliance to companywide programs, and ongoing evaluation and management of strategic suppliers.
* Key metrics cost savings, supplier reduction, supplier performance, purchased parts inventory, and low cost region spend.
* This individual will work closely with each of the company sites, engineering, and development.
* Requires 5 years of strategic sourcing experience emphasizing sourcing, negotiation, and managing suppliers in a fast paced manufacturing environment.
* Transportation and logistics, production parts, and services experience a plus.
* Global Sourcing experience is required, and experience in global overseas markets is preferred.
* Four-year college degree required.
* Lighting industry and/or LED market savvy is helpful.
* APICS or CPIM/CPM certification desirable.
* Raw materials sourcing experience required.
* Previous sourcing experience with the following commodity categories is helpful: castings, fasteners, adhesives, electrical, paint