Strategic Sourcing Manager 9/17/2016
Winston Salem, NC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW:
The Strategic Sourcing Manager will fill a key role within the AUTO NA Organization. This role is responsible of leading the Molding, Electronics, Stamping & Plating commodities. Also responsible to have close interaction with all Center Led teams (Metals, Resins, Electronics) in order to align their commodity strategies (global & regional) with the Automotive priorities. The Strategic Sourcing Manager will lead a team of 4 strategic sourcing professionals and will develop a key engagement between the Advance Purchasing and the Operational Groups to optimize the execution process within the Supply Chain.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
Tasks Summary & Responsibilities:
* Develop appropriate Commodity Strategies to support the Business Unit Goals accomplishment.
* Monitor and control KPI s (Key Performance Indicators) such as: Material Productivity, Delivery and Quality. Manage other leading indicators such as Savings initiatives Pipeline, RFQ s in plan, Days to pay, and Compliance requirements (Conflict Minerals, Nafta Certificates, etc).
* Drive execution on sourcing and new product development initiatives, understanding TE s footprint optimization and manufacturing strategy.
* Assure execution of competitive bids, negotiations, contracting processes and/or technical continuous improvement ideas for assigned commodities or services through the alignment with cross-functional partners such as engineering, manufacturing, product management, Supplier development and functional owners
* Responsible for the Supply Base Management of assigned Commodities as well as to define the Strategic Suppliers List and process to manage them. Build strategic supplier relationships and manage to enhance supplier's performance Cost, Delivery, and Quality
* Leverage and promote global processes, tools, and best practices for Global Supply Chain
* Drive Inventory Reduction Strategy for the AUTO NA team as well as Supply Chain Optimization Strategies such as VMI, Consignment, LT Reduction, MOQ improvement & Others
* Prepare and promote regional/global commodity strategies in collaboration with Center Led Teams and Global Molding Commodity to enhance/optimize the performance
* Periodically (quarterly/monthly) provide updates to the organization leadership on business performance results
* Develop and retain talent using the appropriate development framework. Build a succession plan to permit a dynamic career development within the group.
* Benchmarking analysis to support Long Term Agreements and Leverage negotiations
* Support to Manufacturing Operations and Purchasing Operational Group in Empalme-Hermosillo and Greensboro Plants
* Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management or Engineering / Master s Degree is a definite plus.
* Minimum of 5 years of Supply Chain, Manufacturing or Engineering experience
* Proven experience on Management & Leadership skills
* High level expertise in procurement competencies (business/supply chain acumen, negotiation, sourcing strategy development and execution, global savvy, and project/product lifecycle management).
* Extensive experience working with multicultural and cross disciplined groups
* Must have knowledge on Thermoplastics Molding
* Understand Stamping / Plating and Electronics commodities
* Strong communication and presentation skills
* Ability to have interpersonal and political savvy to drive project teams
* Excellent project management skills
* Ability to energize and motivate Teams
* Proficient in SAP
* Deal comfortably with senior managers by understanding how they think and work
* Fluency in English (read, write and speak). Other language is a definite plus