Strategy & Execution Analyst / Consultant
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 12/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB SUMMARY:
The Strategy & Execution Analyst or Consultant will be responsible for working with the Small Business Strategy & Execution team to drive growth and profitability through detailed strategy analytics, through identification, planning and implementation of improvement actions for select industries, territory, and lines of business.
Contributes to analyses and enables cross-functional teams to produce those analyses by developing analytical tools and frameworks, and interpreting and synthesizing findings. This will be accomplished by defining and managing cross-functional work plans, and designing and conducting engaging work sessions with cross-functional leaders (Small Business, Actuarial, Finance, Claim, Risk Control and Field) to produce analyses, advance thinking and drive decision-making. Improvement opportunities will be translated into cohesive plans by which business will manage execution. To enable long-term management and refinement of strategies, will work with cross-functional teams to build monitoring and reporting solutions and feedback mechanisms to drive Small Commercial profitability.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Performs a combination of duties in accordance with departmental guidelines:
1. Acquires data, compiles and analyzes internal/external business metrics and trends, synthesizes findings, identifies strategic and tactical implications and recommendations which includes analysis of quote/policy/claim data and trends, financial performance, underwriting efficiency, and distribution effectiveness to improve growth and profitability.
2. Assesses our competitive position relative to the market including share and penetration, product and pricing comparisons, and perception in the marketplace.
3. Refines customer segmentation and tiering by identifying relevant combinations of risk factors and loss drivers.
4. Establishes key financial and operational measures and targets to articulate the strategic vision and illustrate dependencies.
5. Identifies and prioritizes actions needed to drive Small Commercial profitability which includes but is not limited to distribution, underwriting, pricing, product, risk control and marketing.
6. Develops performance monitoring solutions to track portfolio execution in target tiers, assess performance, and enable adjustments to strategy.
7. Creates and maintains key business documents and materials. Provides project planning and meeting support (plan development, scheduling, logistics and production). Captures and distributes meeting outputs, including action items/owners/next steps, and manages post-meeting communications.
May perform additional duties as assigned.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES
* Strong critical thinking, analytical and problem solving skills.
* Ability to develop insights and draw conclusions beyond what is readily apparent.
* Ability to identify and address barriers to execution and drive outcomes.
* Strong communication, presentation and facilitation skills.
* Ability to build logical, executive-level summaries from relevant quantitative and qualitative information, connecting conclusions to business outcomes.
* Strong computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and other business related software (e.g. Tableau) especially in working with exporting data from various databases and compiling reports in MS Excel and other software tools, and preparing presentations in PowerPoint to drive decision-making and communicate with stakeholders and senior leadership.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
1. Bachelor's degree, in a related discipline, or equivalent.
2. Typically a minimum of four years of related work experience.
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Chicago
Other Locations: United States-Illinois-Chicago
Organization: Comm Ins-UW - Bus Ins
Job Posting: Sep 16, 2016
Unposting Date: Ongoing.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.