- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Stress Relieve Operator I ( 3rd Shift)
Stress Relieve Operator I ( 3rd Shift)
The following describes in general terms the purpose and scope of the position. Sets up and operates stress relieve oven to relieve stress from metallic work pieces per customer specifications.
Secures parts on racks, dies, or fixtures and loads them in oven by hand or with a forklift.
Maintains temperature in oven to specification noted on work order.
Starts and stops chart recorder that records time, temperature.
Obtains quality buyoff on parts and chart record.
Calibrate thermocouples per internal work instructions.
Maintains customer required log books.
Apply T50 and Boron Nitride dry lube.
Checks own work and takes first part to quality inspection.
Able to adjust process for additional parts to keep within control limits for SPC as needed.
Collects SPC data according to the control plan attached to the work order.
Responsible for the proper handling and management of hazardous waste generated in their work area.
Assists in the proper storage and collection of hazardous waste from other departments.
Performs other duties and assignments as directed.
Work Environment and Safety Equipment Required: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job.
* Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
* Must be able to communicate effectively
* Regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms
* Frequently required to walk
* Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
* Occasionally required to sit, stoop, kneel, or crouch
* Working conditions are: 100% manufacturing environment.
* Regularly required to work near moving mechanical parts.
* Occasionally exposed to vibration of the hand; extreme cold and extreme heat.
* Noise level is usually moderate.
* Safety glasses (ANSI Z87 compliant) required in all manufacturing areas.
* Hearing protection must be worn in designated areas.
* Safety Footwear shall be in accordance with the following: ASTM standard F2413-05 with minimum impact resistance, compression resistance and metatarsal designation ratings of 75 foot pounds (i.e. ASTM F2413-05 I/75 C/75 Mt/75), which are viewable on the inside tag of footwear.
Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments in accordance with business needs, and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential function of the job.
Skills & Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, qualifications, competencies, abilities and any physical demands if required. Physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential requirements of this job.
* Basic computer knowledge and skills
* Ability to operate a forklift
* Ability to operate an overhead crane
* Ability to use measuring instruments including but not limited to calipers, protractor, tape measure, height gage, and scales
* Prior operation of machinery is helpful
* Read and understand internal procedures and policies.
* Understand and follow through on both verbal and written instructions
Required Experience/Education/Training/Certifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must possess the outlined experience level, education, training, minimum years of experience, product or industry knowledge plus any certifications in order to be considered.
High School Diploma; up to 3 years related experience in job function and/or training; equivalent combination of education and experience
Ability to apply mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, decimals, ratios, and proportions to practical situations; geometry and trigonometry is a plus
Ability to read and interpret blueprints and mylars
Basic computer knowledge and skills
Team oriented with a continuous improvement outlook.