Stress Technician 9/7/2016
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DEPARTMENT DESCRIPTION: The CardioVascular Institute at Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital Needham provides a comprehensive approach to the assessment, diagnosis and treatment of individuals with acute and chronic cardiovascular disease. The department is staffed by highly trained specialists, each with clinical privileges at both Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital Needham and Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston.
JOB LOCATION: Needham, MA
REQ ID: 15774BR
JOB SUMMARY: Under the direction of a cardiologist, performs stress tests: ETT's, stress echos, nuclear stress tests, persantine stress tests, for diagnostic purposes for inpatients and for outpatients.
* Performs stress tests for inpatients and for outpatients
* Enter into the computer all appropriate data from completed tests and applicable billing.
* Maintains stress system machines and equipment. Orders supplies.
* Explains purpose and procedure of applicable stress test to patient.
* Remains composed, reassuring and able to follow directions during emergency situations, STAT requests and orders.
* High School diploma or GED required .
* 0-1 years related work experience required.
* Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
* Exercise testing experience preferred
* WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
* ORAL COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
* KNOWLEDGE: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
* TEAM WORK: Ability to interact respectfully with other employees, professional staff and/or external contacts to offer ideas, identify issues, obtain information or deliver services.
* CUSTOMER SERVICE: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
AGE BASED COMPETENCIES:
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Neonatal:Birth to 6 months, Youth: 6 months to 16 years, Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
PHYSICAL NATURE OF THE JOB:
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of their shift.