Structural Biology Research Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 11/8/2016
Silver Spring, MD
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe are currently seeking a Structural Biology Research Technician in Silver Spring, MD! The primary work location is the Walter Reed Army Institute of Research (WRAIR), supporting the Bacterial Diseases Branch/Wound Infections Department.
ClinicalRM is a full service Contract Research Organization (CRO) specializing in preclinical through Phase IV support of clinical research and clinical trial services for biologics, drugs, and devices. We help our customers get their products to market faster with a wide array of research, regulatory, and sponsor services both within the US and around the globe, and respond rapidly to global health crises.
* Provide technical support in the research and development of novel medical countermeasures against wound infections. Areas of expertise may include: Molecular biology, Microbiology, Immunology, X ray crystallography and other methods to elucidate the molecular structure of large and small molecules, various chromatographic systems, and/or structure function relationships.
* Contribute to the development of research protocols and grant proposals and in the conduct of research related to trauma related infections.
* Perform routine laboratory duties required for the smooth and safe operation of laboratory such as maintaining a supply of clean glassware, properly disposing of hazardous biological and chemical waste, preparing reagents, and maintaining an inventory of laboratory chemicals.
* Maintain a laboratory notebook in which accurate and complete records of laboratory work in accordance with QASP and contract requirements to include modifications.
* Follow laboratory standard operating procedures and specific written experimental protocols as well as oral instructions in performing assigned experimental work.
* Submit reports and data summaries as requested.
* Comply with occupational health and safety standards and other applicable regulations and guidelines which may include medical surveillance.
* Attend seminars, scientific conferences, and meetings as required.
* Assist in monitoring of supplies and preparing supply requests for approval.
* Alternative Bacterial Disease Branch collateral duty officer in accordance with Safety Office and other applicable guidelines, as required.
* Provide all job-related progress reports/technical reports as requested.
* Maintains a safe workplace ensuring that he/she is aware of and observes appropriate safety and occupational health rules and regulations. Employee is required to attend safety training relative to his/her position and report any infractions of safety procedures to the facility Safety Officer.
* Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
* Bachelor s degree in a biological science required
* Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: knowledge of applicable highly complex office procedures and techniques relating to position.
* Must be able to work independently following a brief period of specific technical training.
Candidates must meet all stated minimum criteria, to be considered for this opportunity. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Candidates for positions under ClinicalRM s contracts with Federal or State agencies will be required to pass one or more background/security investigations conducted by the DoD, U.S. Army, or other Federal Government agency. Such investigations may include criminal records and credit history checks.
ClinicalRM is an Affirmative Action-Equal Opportunity Employer
NorthCoast 99 Best Places to Work recipient