Structural Engineer PE
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONTitle: Structural Engineer
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
Zapata Incorporated is a diverse, full-service engineering and field services company with operations throughout the Continental United States and Pacific in support of Department of Defense, federal government, and private sector clients. The company is seeking an experienced Structural Engineer to work in the Charlotte, NC office.
This position requires structural design for a variety of projects, including new buildings and infrastructure construction, structural upgrades, forensic investigations, and military/commercial/industrial renovation. Responsible for design and detailing for production of structural working drawings at an intermediate level commensurate with experience. Other duties may include assisting in the preparation of written reports, preparing specifications or construction cost estimates, conducting site visits to document conditions, and coordinating directly with both in-house and outside professionals. Experience applying the skills required for Department of Defense facilities, including demonstrating an understanding of the unique requirements of the active military, is regarded as a plus. Provide additional support to others as needed.
* Prepares specifications or construction cost estimates
* Conducts site visits to document conditions
* Prepares structural design of buildings and components
* Prepares structural detailing for construction drawings
* Assists in the preparation of written reports
* Plans, designs, constructs and/or maintains structures and facilities that provide shelter, support transportation systems and control natural resources
* Perform structural analysis and forensic investigations
* Evaluates, selects and applies standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria, using judgment in making some substantial engineering adaptations and modifications to assigned projects
* Assists in the planning, designing, and monitoring of projects for substantial new construction, renovation and improvement projects for real property facilities encompassing highly specialized or unique requirements
* Assists in serving as a technical consultant concerning facilities planning, design, construction and/or maintenance for different categories of facilities; determine resources and perform long-range planning
* Reviews consultant-prepared design drawings, indicating basic design corrections, prepare technical specifications, review engineering plans for compliance with numerous regulatory acts
* Assists in the evaluation of contract bids, make recommendations to higher-level engineers regarding feasibility studies and assist in the management of large-scale construction projects
* Uses construction inspection report data to prepare payment estimates as a recommendation for payment of contractors
* Identify business opportunities and develop relationships with potential customers to determine their needs
* MS in Structural Engineering
* Current professional engineering license and ability to be licensed by comity in other states
* Minimum ten (10) years structural design experience
* Strong knowledge of large mat foundation design and industrial facilities
* Military facilities design a plus
* Working knowledge of applicable design and building codes
* Proficiency in structural analysis computer software and AutoCad required, Microstation experience a plus
* Project Management experience a plus
* Computer proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and scheduling software
* Ability to have strong rapport with clients