Structural Engineer - Structural Analyst, Mechanical Systems
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONSTRUCTURAL ENGINEER - STRUCTURAL ANALYST, MECHANICAL SYSTEMS
The Structural Analyst will support the Mechanical System functional area with performing structural analysis of mechanical components and systems. The Mechanical Systems IPT has ownership of the following subsystems:
* Flight Control System
* Landing Gear System
* Wing Deployment System
* Hatch System
* Vehicle Separation Systems
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
Requires a BS in Related Field.
Note: Ability to obtain/maintain a security clearance may be required.
The structural analyst should have the following experience and skills:
* Experience with FEMAP, NX, NASTRAN, and NASGO
* Classical methods
* Fiber reinforced polymer composite analysis experience including laminate theory
* Mechanism structural analysis
* Static test analysis and test correlation
* Structures for aircraft, spacecraft, or launch vehicles
* Laminate optimization
* Dynamic loads analysis
* Development and application of spacecraft and aircraft loads and environments
* Progressive failure analysis and damage tolerance
* NASA and/or FAA structural design standards