Structural Engineering Software Application Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/27/2016
Trimble Navigation Limited
Trimble is recruiting for a Structural Engineering Software Application Specialist to fill an opportunity in Kennesaw, GA.
Trimble is recruiting dynamic, friendly and motivated structural engineers to join our US Engineering team.
If you are seeking a change from the design office and would like to use your industry experience to move into the exciting world of analysis and design software here's an opportunity to join a leader in the field. In this position you will be working as part of a team with both existing and potential customers to promote the use of Tekla Structural Designer in their design process. Trimble's customers include many of the best engineering firms in the country who are continually pushing technology boundaries.
Application Specialists have a key role in our sales team, working closely with Account Managers to understand the needs of prospective customers then demonstrating how Tekla Structural Designer will help them improve their process. Additionally, the selected candidate will be expected to support Tekla s current engineering clients with their implementations as well as support the technical team with their knowledge of the structural engineering industry.
In this exciting and challenging role you will:
* Carry out pre-sales technical demonstrations of Tekla Structural Designer
* Assist Account Managers with technical issues
* Support potential clients through evaluations and implementations of Tekla Structural Designer
* Provide consultancy services to customers regarding best practice and work flow
* Assist with industry trade shows, user events and technical seminars
* Assist with product testing for new product development
* Assist with the preparation of training material and conducting training courses
* Work closely with Product and Segment Management to develop sales materials
* Convey customer and industry requirements to Tekla s development team
We're looking for candidates who:
* have a degree in structural engineering
* have experience using 3D analysis and design software
* are natural and confident communicators
* have a desire to use their engineering knowledge in a commercial role
Additional skills which would be an advantage:
* Experience using Tekla Structural Designer
* Practical structural engineering experience
* Professional Engineering qualification (PE)
* Sales, pre-sales or customer service experience
The successful candidate must also:
* Have permission to work in the USA
* Hold a valid driving license
* Be prepared to travel domestically up to 40%
* Be prepared to travel internationally on occasion
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability. From purpose built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics.
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D