Structured Cabling Superintendent
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/29/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
IES Holdings, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONMORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB
The Superintendent is the overall manager on a small to medium sized project. The Superintendent ensures that all contracted work is developed, implemented, installed and managed in accordance with the Company s requirements, including but not limited to: safety, quality, management and financial performance requirements. All aspects of the assigned project must be carried out as efficiently as possible with respect to staffing, materials management, financial management customer care and customer delivery goals.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* The Superintendent will recruit, hire, train, manage, supervise, promote, discipline and discharge, if necessary, all project related staff. Effectively manage all human resource issues per Company policies and procedures. Complete recommendations for project related employees performance ratings, promotions and pay changes. Provide guidance and mentoring to meet all customer and Company goals and objectives.
* The Superintendent acts as the senior Company liaison for operational interface with customer representative(s).
* The Superintendent will plan for, manage, monitor and maintain project profitability to achieve Company goals.
* The Superintendent will ensure that deadlines are met per customer requirements.
* The Superintendent will manage overall workload distribution, staffing levels and monitor the customer delivery and job installation progress.
* The Superintendent manages successful job completion; ensure productivity, job completion and compliance to project budget.
* The Superintendent will review all job cost postings for accuracy and completeness, including but not limited to, the preparation of invoices, customer collections and periodic financial reporting to the customer and management.
* The Superintendent will fully complete all IES and project paperwork accurately and on time (specifically timesheets, material transfers, work orders, change orders, tool transfers and others as required); ensure all Job Closing Packages meet customer and Company standards.
* The Superintendent will perform quality checks; manage the prevention of outages; conduct in day to day job walks to ensure quality; prepare red-lined as-built drawings.
* The Superintendent serves as main on-site customer contact for questions and/or concerns; attend facility and constructions meetings when required.
* The Superintendent will perform work consistently demonstrating a detailed level of technical knowledge; troubleshoot and resolve technical issues as they arise.
* The Superintendent will review and monitor operational processes for accuracy, completeness, and efficiency, including but not limited to estimating, purchasing, invoicing, warehousing, scheduling and reporting.
* The Superintendent will develop, redesign and implement process improvements as required to bring processes up to effective levels.
* The Superintendent will be in concert with the Training Department, monitor all quality and safety issues related to the operations department. Actively promote safety as our first priority.
* The Superintendent will lead any assigned operations meetings and training sessions.
* The Superintendent will also manage tools and truck inventory/maintenance.
* The Superintendent will complete any other responsibilities as assigned.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
* The Superintendent must be self-motivated, positive in approach, and convey an appropriate professional image.
* The Superintendent must promote the Company culture and mission to all employees, vendors, clients and business partners.
* The Superintendent must possess proven problem solving skills, critical thinking skills and the ability to effectively read, write and give oral presentation(s).
* The Superintendent must also have excellent organizational skills and the ability to develop branch and job processes and best practices.
* The Superintendent must have proven high skill level to interpret blueprints and other project documents, including but not limited to, specifications, reporting and quality requirements.
* The Superintendent must be able to travel within the branch territory and/or regional territory as needed.
* The Superintendent must possess the ability to learn and teach the Company and customer project management systems.
* The Superintendent must be able to work at heights, off of a ladder and in confined spaces, lift up to 50 pounds and move up to 75 pounds.
* The Superintendent must be able to see and distinguish different colors, read small print and hear and recognize audible signals such as dial tones.
Education, Certification, License, and Skill Requirements:
* Prefer a minimum of three (3) years experience of supervisory or managerial experience.
* The Superintendent must have a minimum of three (3) years experience as a Lead Communications Technician or similar position.
* The Superintendent must also have a minimum of five (5) years experience in telecommunications or a related technical or construction field.
* Must be proficient with a computer and be skilled with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and MS Project).
* Must meet Company minimum driving standards.
* The Superintendent Must have demonstrated verifiable ability to define a project, create a project scope of work, create an estimate, develop detailed associated tasks and manage these to final completion and customer turnover.
* Must be able to use the following trade Tools: punch tool with 110 block and 66 block blade, 6/8 position combo crimp tool, Krone/3M/BIX, butt set, volt-ohmmeter, 4-pair continuity tester and 5-gang punch tool.
MINIMUM YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
IES is a national provider of industrial products and infrastructure services to a variety of end markets, including electrical and communications contracting solutions for the commercial, industrial, residential and renewable energy markets. IES is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol IESC. As of the end of IES s 2015 fiscal year ending September 30, 2015, IES produced over $574 million in revenue and employed close to 3,000 employees at over 60 locations across the United States.
From office buildings to wind farms, industrial complexes to housing developments, our employees and design professionals design, build, and maintain the systems that empower lives.
* Our commitment to our employees is reflected by our actions:
* Safety is Priority One and our record shows it
* Competitive Pay
* Company 401K plan with Employer Contribution Match
* Company Paid Time Off
* Company Paid Life Insurance
* Choice of Medical Coverage including Prescription and Short Term Disability Plans
* Choice of Dental and Vision Coverage
* Optional Long-term Disability, Critical Illness, Accident, Legal and Pet Coverage
* Auto and Home Insurance Discount Programs
PLEASE NO AGENCY CALLS.
NOTE TO ALL AGENCIES: Any unsolicited agency resumes or agency represented candidates that are presented to any IES employee without first having a signed contract between that agency and the IES Talent Acquisition organization will become the property of IES and no fees will be paid.
EEO & Affirmative Action
The IES policy on equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, or any other protected status or characteristic. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment, and also states that retaliation against any