Student Co-Op - Motor Control Analysis Lab - Moss Rehab
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 1/10/2017
Einstein Healthcare Network
Elkins Rk, PA
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Description
SINCE 1959, MOSSREHAB HAS PROVIDED OUR PATIENTS WITH A BREADTH OF EXPERTISE UNRIVALED IN THE REGION. SUPERIOR CLINICAL EXPERTISE, NATIONALLY RECOGNIZED REHABILITATION SPECIALISTS, UNSURPASSED DIAGNOSTIC CAPABILITIES, A PASSION FOR ADVOCACY, A PATIENT CENTERED TEAM PHILOSOPHY AND A QUEST FOR CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT. THESE ARE THE QUALITIES THAT HAVE EARNED MOSSREHAB ITS OUTSTANDING REPUTATION AT THE LOCAL, REGIONAL AND NATIONAL LEVELS AND ENABLE TO US TO ATTRACT AND RETAIN HIGHLY MOTIVATED, GIFTED REHABILITATION PROFESSIONALS. IN FACT, U.S. NEWS & WORLD REPORTS HAS CONSISTENTLY RANKED US AMONG THE NATION S BEST REHABILITATION FACILITIES. WE WERE ALSO NAMED ONE OF THE BEST EMPLOYERS IN THE PHILADELPHIA AREA THIS YEAR, COME FIND OUT WHY! EINSTEIN HEALTHCARE NETWORK PROMOTES WELLNESS. RESEARCH HAS SHOWN THAT SMOKING IS DANGEROUS TO THE HEALTH OF SMOKERS AND TO OTHERS. EINSTEIN CAMPUSES ARE TOBACCO AND SMOKE FREE.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
* The Motor Control Analysis Laboratory evaluates and treats persons with movement problems due to stroke, head injury and other central nervous system impairments
* The Lab Assistant works directly with such patients and assists the physician in patient evaluation and care
* The Lab Assistant's clinical support includes obtaining portions of the medical and surgical history, taking blood pressure and verifying patient medications, allergies and family medical history
* The Lab Assistant works directly with the physician and occupational therapy staff during laboratory diagnostic and treatment procedures
* The Lab Assistant maintains data bases, operates video equipment and performs post-production movie editing and CD/DVD burning
* This position requires the student employee to be able to work independently as well as with other professionals and, of course, patients
IF YOU POSSESS THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS, PLEASE APPLY IMMEDIATELY:
* High School diploma or equivalent required
* Must be actively enrolled in a 4-year collegiate program
* Patient care related experience strongly preferred
* CPR certification required
* Computer and bioengineering backgrounds are useful
* Physical Requirements: Standing and/or walking most of an 8 hour day with occasional lifting of weights up to 50 lbs and frequent lifting of weights up to 25 lbs. Frequent bending, crouching, kneeling, pushing on carpeted surfaces, pulling, reaching, stair climbing, and standing unassisted. Occasional transferring of patients exceeding 200 lbs, frequent transferring of patients exceeding 100 lbs
* Visual Requirements: Continuous near vision, depth perception, accommodation, full field of vision or compensatory ability, eye hand coordination, far acuity, and ability to read
* Hearing Requirements: Continuous normal conversation, occasional telephone conversation at normal volumes, occasional conversation at low voice volumes
* Working Conditions: Limited exposure to potentially hazardous substances. Frequent exposure to body fluids and patients who are incontinent and/or confused. Occasional exposure to patients who are combative and/or verbally abusive. Treatment areas may be noisy and crowded with limited climate control
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.