Student Financial Services Rep
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 11/16/2016
San Antonio, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
The Student Financial Services Representative is responsible for providing excellent support to online students via phone and email, guiding students through the financial aid process. In addition, the Student Financial Services Representative is responsible for responding efficiently and timely to students financial aid needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Work closely in a team environment to provide outstanding customer service via phone and email within Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
* Assist students with the financial aid process by advising them on available types of financial aid.
* Explain to the student the status of their financial aid application, amount and sources of aid, and expected date of disbursement.
* Direct students to the appropriate website to complete their financial aid application (FAFSA). Actively communicate/escalate student concerns to Tier II Financial Aid and/or other departments as needed.
* Help train new team members.
* Work hours that support day, evening and weekend financial aid operations as needed.
* Work some holiday hours as business needs dictate.
* Ensure organizational policy and procedures are followed regarding security and confidentiality pertaining to the collection and/or use of Personally Identifiable Information (PII), including, but not limited to, Social Security and credit card information.
* Strictly adhere to organizational procedures regarding security and confidentiality of student financial and FERPA protected information.
* Complete other duties as assigned.
TECHNICAL, MANAGERIAL, and PEOPLE SKILLS REQUIRED
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Incumbents will be evaluated, in part, based on performance of each essential function. Appropriate reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
* Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office. Experience with PowerFAIDS, and Onyx CRM software preferred.
* Must be detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills.
* Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
* Must be able to perform multiple tasks under pressure in a fast paced environment.
* Must have a strong sense of urgency as well as consistently create and maintain a positive student experience. .
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills required. Ability to successfully resolve student issues from request through resolution.
* Effectively work with multiple databases and student platforms. Skilled at connecting and building rapport with students from diverse backgrounds.
* Creative, innovative, able to work independently and in a team environment.
* Ability to adapt to new and rapidly changing situations. Experience in collecting and handling financially sensitive information in the strictest confidence.
* Excellent organizational and customer service skills.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
* Minimum 1-3 years experience working in a service-oriented environment, technical support, or related field.
* Foreign language fluency is a plus
* Familiarity with online learning technology is a plus.
* Bachelor s degree and experience in student financial aid or student financial counseling preferred
Laureate Education, Inc. and its parents, subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers. EOE.