Student Support Coordinator 9/17/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
The Student Support Coordinators (SSCs) are responsible for providing excellent support to online students via phone, email and live chat. SSCs work in a team environment that supports online students with their financial service issues, technical support needs, registration and materials and textbook issues. SSCs are experts in the online learning environment and walk students through the getting started process as well as guide students through their online orientation course to prepare new students for success. Student Support Coordinators also work to improve the student experience each term by building a smooth student experience with the knowledge gained from servicing students.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Work closely in a team environment to provide outstanding concierge-level customer service via phone, email and live chat
* Troubleshoot student support issues and coordinate solutions across service and business units
* Identify and escalate service issues to Tier 2 teams and supervisors as needed
* Play a significant role in creating customer service best practices and improving service levels
* Help train new team members
* Some project management duties to help improve service delivery each term
* Working some weekend and some holiday hours as business needs dictate
* Help execute tactical approaches to improve service levels across the organization
* Help ensure smooth daily service operations of the team
* Help grow and foster talent in the team
* Work with Tier-2 teams to help improve services to student each term
* Ensures organizational policy and procedures are followed regarding security and confidentiality pertaining to the collection and/or use of Personally Identifiable Information (PII), including, but not limited to, Social Security and credit card information.
* Strictly adheres to organizational procedures regarding security and confidentiality of student financial and FERPA protected information.
TECHNICAL, MANAGERIAL, and PEOPLE SKILLS REQUIRED:
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Incumbents will be evaluated, in part, based on performance of each essential function. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
* Must have a strong commitment to education.
* Ability to multi-task.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
* Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
* Strong computer and technical support skills.
* Ability to successfully resolve student issues from request through resolution.
* Effectively work with multiple databases and student platforms.
* Skilled at connecting and building rapport with students from diverse backgrounds.
* Creative, innovative, able to work independently and in a team environment.
* Ability to adapt to new and rapidly changing situations.
* Experience in collecting and handling financially sensitive information in the strictest confidence.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
* Minimum 1-3 years experience working in a service-oriented environment, technical support, or related field.
* Bachelor's degree required.
* Foreign language fluency is a plus
* Familiarity with online learning technology is a plus.
Laureate Education, Inc. and its parents, subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers. EOE.