Student Support Specialist - EMCM
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
Einstein Healthcare Network
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Description
EINSTEIN MEDICAL CENTER MONTGOMERY IS A MEDICAL DESTINATION PROVIDING MANY NEW HEALTHCARE SERVICES AND RESOURCES PREVIOUSLY UNAVAILABLE IN THE AREA INCLUDING ADVANCED MEDICAL AND SURGICAL CARE, DIAGNOSTIC TESTING SERVICES, A NEONATAL INTENSIVE CARE UNIT, AND 24 HOUR EMERGENCY CARE. LOCATED ON 87 ACRES ALONG GERMANTOWN PIKE IN EAST NORRITON, PA, EINSTEIN MEDICAL CENTER MONTGOMERY BRINGS THE EXCEPTIONAL EXPERIENCE OF EINSTEIN HEALTHCARE NETWORK TO RESIDENTS OF CENTRAL MONTGOMERY COUNTY. EINSTEIN HEALTHCARE NETWORK PROMOTES WELLNESS. RESEARCH HAS SHOWN THAT SMOKING IS DANGEROUS TO THE HEALTH OF SMOKERS AND TO OTHERS. EINSTEIN CAMPUSES ARE TOBACCO AND SMOKE FREE.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
* Management of complex and varied student affairs events, student compliance and student orientation
* Maintaining and updating academic records of all students and planning and implementing the registration process for rotations
* Working with the Director of Student Affairs to coordinate times and locations for rotations and resolve scheduling conflicts
* Keeping records of all classes and curriculum prerequisites; compiling enrollment statistics and advise students regarding eligibility
* Liaising with staff at affiliated hospitals and other clinical sites to ensure students remain fully compliant with their requirements for clinical experiences as they rotate among sites this includes student evaluation completion
* Coordinating administrative process for recruitment and orientation of students to the organization. Managing student compliance with all Network, Federal and State
IF YOU POSSESS THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS, PLEASE APPLY IMMEDIATELY:
* Bachelor's degree preferred in any field plus one-year clerical experience working with post-secondary students; or any satisfactory combination of experience and training which demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above duties
* Requires word processing, spreadsheet and typing skills; must be able to do data entry with a high degree of accuracy; multi-task and work independently to meet goals and deadlines. Experience with a student records systems a plus
* Excellent organizational and administrative abilities; must also exhibit excellent communication skills, including when collaborating with multiple departments; highly organized and ability to quickly adapt to change required
* Complete familiarity with computers and database management is required
* Ability to handle confidential information and exercise good judgment with respect to the generally sensitive nature of material related to students and other matters in the Office of Academic Affairs
* Physical Requirements: Sitting, standing, walking within department and throughout medical center as needed. Light lifting for files, papers and other routine office materials
* Visual Requirements: Reviewing printed materials as well as information processed on a computer screen for majority of working day
* Hearing Requirements: Must be able to conduct telephone and personal conversations
* Working Conditions: Normal office conditions
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.