Subject Matter Expert
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/24/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONTITLE: SUBJECT MATTER EXPERT
HOURLY RATE: $18.00
POSITION CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt
JOB SUMMARY: The Subject Matter Expert is responsible for providing guidance to Eligibility Specialists on complex tasks. If a task requires extended research or escalation outside the normal business process, a Subject Matter Expert will assist the specialist in completing it.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Associates degree or equivalent years of experience; minimum 2 years? experience in eligibility, healthcare, customer service, or similar field; ability to follow guidelines; strong calculation skills; computer literacy; strong data entry skills; excellent organizational, interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills; ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment; and ability to work as a team member, as well as independently.
1. Provides guidance to eligibility specialists on complex tasks.
2. Interprets scanned images and uses data within those images to research and complete tasks.
3. Enters appropriate and accurate information into the automated system for the tracking of all cases processed.
4. Makes decisions, based on established policies and procedures, regarding the proper disposition of tasks or the escalation of those tasks in an instance where the proper outcome is not apparent.
5. Communicates effectively with supervisors and management with internal and external stakeholders verbally or through email when a task cannot be completed for procedural or technical reasons
6. Conducts research in order to find answers to complex policy or technical issues and provides guidance to staff based on the outcome of that research.
7. Follows written and spoken instructions.
8. Meets all standards established for this position as outlined in the attached performance criteria.
9. Performs other duties as may be assigned by management.
? Typing = 40 WPM
? Reading Comprehension = 75%
? Computer Literacy = 75%
We are an equal employment opportunity employer and will consider all qualified candidates without regard to disability or protected veteran status.
, , Associates degree or equivalent years of experience; minimum 2 years? experience in eligibility, healthcare, customer service, or similar field;