Subrogation Adjuster, Workers' Compensation
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Subrogation Adjuster, Workers' CompensationJob ID #:
Worcester, MAFunctional Area:
85100 - Risk Management ClaimsPosition Type:
Full - Time Education Required:
Bachelors DegreeExperience Required:
3 - 5 Years Relocation Provided:
NoJob DescriptionWhere Great People Build Successful Careers.The Hanover is seeking a Subrogation Adjuster, Workers' Compensation to join our growing team in our Worcester, MA office.Summary:
The Workers Compensation Subrogation Adjuster will be responsible for the aggressive pursuit of monies through the proactive handling of subrogation files. This professional will receive assignments of recovery opportunities solely within the Workers Compensation Lines on a National basis. The successful candidate will focus on evaluating for potential recovery and develop claims strategies, generally without need for counsel, to bring about the most timely and cost effective case resolution for the company. The recognition of proper case resolution requires collaboration and big picture thinking. This is a role in which the successful candidate will handle lower complexity/severity losses and will recognize the differential within those qualifiers to ensure timely cost effective claim resolution. This individual must think critically, anticipate, identify, and develop solutions in a timely manner. Resolution can include litigation and/or arbitration.Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
* File evaluation on potential recovery and claim strategy for proactive handling.
* Maintains accurate records, reports and file documentation.
* Interact with internal and external vendors/customers to coordinate recoveries in appropriate cost effective forums.
* Provide feedback to management and unit on any adverse trends or developments.
* Responds timely to all electronic, written and verbal communications. Responsible to engage special projects in support of Subrogation goals and objectives.
* Adheres to established settlement authority levels.
* Responsible for all aspects of each claim, including informal hearings, arbitrations and small claims litigation and maintaining a high level of productivity, confidentiality and customer service.
* May be required to have and maintain sufficient home-based internet connectionPosition RequirementsRequirements:
* Bachelor's degree with minimum of 3 plus years of related Claims experience Working knowledge of Workers Compensation and/or P&C personal and commercial lines liability claims adjusting and subrogation practices
* Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
* Makes decisions in an informed, confident and timely manner
* Maintains constructive working relationships despite differing perspectives
* Strong organizational and time management skills
* Ability to negotiate skillfully in difficult situations with both internal and external groups.
* Demonstrates ability to win concessions without damaging relationships. Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills. Promotes and facilitates free and open communication.
* Advanced understanding of applicable statutes, regulations and case law, collections and subrogation pursuit. Thinks critically and anticipates, recognizes, identifies and develops solutions to problems in a timely manner. Easily adapts to new or different changing situations, requirements or priorities.
* Cultivates an environment of teamwork and collaboration
* Operates with appropriate management oversight.
* Computer experience (MS Office, excel, word, etc)Desired skills and experience:
* State licenses and or willingness to obtain.
* Creates innovative ideas and solutions to problems.Physical demands & work environment:
* Ability to use a personal computer and other standard office equipment.
* Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods
* Required to work on-site as needed
* Ability to travel as necessary
* Ability to work hours in excess of 40 hours per week, if necessary
* Ability to work in a fast paced, changing and/or stressful environment
* Ability to perform work in an occasionally noisy/loud work environmentRecognized as one of America's Best Employers by Forbes, The Hanover is proud to be among the top property and casualty insurers in the United States. The Hanover offers a collaborative environment where you'll gain new experiences and grow your career. The Hanover offers comprehensive benefits to help you stay healthy, build financial security, and maintain work/life balance. At The Hanover, you'll enjoy what you do and have the support you need to succeed.EEO statement:
'The Hanover values diversity in the workplace and among our customers. The company provides equal opportunity for employment and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants on the basis of experience, training, education, and ability to do the available work without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, ancestry or any other status protected by law.Furthermore, The Hanover Insurance Group is committed to providing an equal opportunity workplace that is free of discrimination and harassment based on national origin, race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by law.'The Hanover Insurance Group does not accept unsolicited Agency resumes. The Hanover Insurance Group will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm that does not have a signed 'Employment Agency Agreement' already on file with Human Resources - The Office of Talent Management. .