Substance Abuse Counselor - Everglades Re-Entry Center
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
CEC is a leading national provider of rehabilitative services for offenders in reentry and in-prison treatment facilities, as well as providing comprehensive management of county, state, and federal jail and detention facilities. The company provides evidence-based programming for residential and non-residential clients and maintains a documented record of reducing recidivism. CEC services also include SECON, a division that conducts comprehensive drug testing and screening services worldwide.
We are searching for highly motivated individuals for the role of Substance Abuse Counselor at Everglades Re-Entry Center, located in Miami, Florida. Everglades Re-Entry Center provides drug and alcohol education and re-entry services to inmates while incarcerated but nearing the end of their prison sentence. Everglades Re-Entry Center serves inmates that are returning to the Miami-Dade and Baker areas.
The Program Counselor is responsible for providing individual and group counseling sessions while developing individual comprehensive treatment plans for an assigned caseload of residents. The individual must follow company policies and/or procedures and Department of Corrections contractual obligations.
General Job Description duties:
* Creates, updates and maintains case records on each assigned client
* Completes comprehensive assessment of clients' substance abuse history and treatment requirements and develops individualized treatment plan
* Conducts bi-weekly individual counseling sessions with each resident assigned to caseload
* Conducts weekly caseload group sessions
* Conducts weekly program curriculum lectures and groups based on the areas of Relapse Prevention, Anger Management, Parenting skills, Life Skills, Criminal & Addictive Behaviors, and Co-occurring disorders.
* Must be well organized
* Self-starter with stellar time management skills
* Must be well versed with computer programs such as Microsoft Word
* A Bachelors Degree from an accredited college or university in any of the social sciences ; and (6) months of professional experience in chemical addiction counseling and/or mental health counseling
* Experience in a corrections environment a plus
Community Education Centers offers unlimited potential for career growth, a comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental, and 401(k).
To apply, please visit our website at: www.cecintl.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veteran, and Individuals with Disabilities.
img height=1 width=1 border=0 src=http://cec.contacthr.com/50677076.jpg /