Summer Engineer Intern - Water/Wastewater
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 11/7/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONDewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you're an experienced professional or a new graduate, you'll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call “Dewberry at Work, that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century.
Dewberry is currently seeking an Engineer Intern for the summer of 2017 for our Water/Wastewater Department in our Boston, MA office. The position will perform a variety of investigation, design and construction related work in support of small and large infrastructure projects in the New England area. The Engineer will perform planning studies, design and field investigations for water and wastewater projects including transmission and distribution, collection systems, pumping stations and treatment plants. The Engineer must be reliable, client focused and capable of working independently under the supervision of project managers. The work required of the Engineer is diverse and ranges from general field support to technical office work that requires strong communication skills and knowledge of MS Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Adobe Acrobat. Experience in AutoCAD Civil 3D is required, and knowledge of Microstation and/or ArcGIS is a plus. Experience with some hydraulic modeling software a plus. The position may start as early as March/April 2016 and continue for a period up to December 31. A 6-month availability is preferred.","The Engineer will perform such tasks as preparing and checking design calculations, establishing quantity and cost estimates, writing technical reports, developing plans and detail drawings, writing specifications, field investigations and construction administration and inspection. In addition, the position will likely require site visits and coordination with clients and subconsultants as needed.
BS Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering, or in the process of obtaining a BS degree
* 0-2 yrs of relevant experience preferred.
* Previous internship or co-op experience in similar type of civil engineering work is preferred.
* Computer skills required: AutoCAD, Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
* Desired software applications: ArcView/GIS, WaterCAD, MikeUrban, SWMM, Microsoft Project and PowerPoint
* Composes written technical reports, Preliminary Design Reports, evaluation memorandums, letters, spreadsheets, email and is capable of preparing permitting applications. * EIT certification desired.
* Experience meeting project, client and regulatory requirements, standards and deadlines. * Works in a very timely fashion to meet project budgets.
* Communicates effectively with clients, coworkers, sub consultants, and county/agency review staff. * Handles multiple concurrent projects and deadlines.
* Valid driver's license required. * Other duties as required.
*At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
*Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
*Prior to a final offer of employment, the selected candidate will be required to submit to a background screening which may include, but is not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, driving record check, criminal background check, and an investigative consumer report. These screenings will be conducted by Dewberry's background vendor of choice and will be conducted in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local law.