Summer Field Engineering Intern (Oil & Gas)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONOxy offers a field internship program which targets Freshman & Sophomore engineering students interested in an early career field operational experience working at/on wellsite locations in West or South Texas. Field internship opportunities will be in one of three disciplines: Drilling, Completions or Production.
Career benefits to be realized from the program include:
* Exposure to highly technical oilfield equipment and processes,
* Ability to observe a variety of operations at various stages of the well s life,
* Completing unique, high-value projects, presenting results/recommendations to management,
* Tours of service company shops and laboratories,
* Training assignments to increase overall knowledge of operations and well maintenance,
* Coaching and mentoring by experienced field and office personnel,
* Exposure to life in the field.
Logistical aspects of the program include:
* Work schedule: 1 week orientation in the office, 2 weeks-on site/1 week-off rotation in the field, 1 final week in the Houston office
* Travel to work location: Transportation will be reimbursed or in few situations provided by Oxy
* Living arrangements: Trailers or hotel rooms near the wellsite s will be provided by Oxy
* Food: Purchase and cook on location, expense reports submitted for reimbursement
* Ability to work with multiple engineering disciplines, operations employees, vendors and across business units
* Prepare and maintain project timeline
* Evaluate, organize and prioritize workload
* Decision making with little information and comfortable with change
* Bachelor s Degree in Petroleum, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering or related field
* Must maintain minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills
* Team player and able to interact with employees at all levels of the organization
* Desire to pursue career in Oil and Gas Industry
West Texas or South Texas