Summer Intern - Global Supply Chain 8/24/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW:
The TE Supply Chain Internship (Summer 2017) opportunity is designed to provide participants with project based work to develop the procurement skills of the individual. During the internship, the participant is exposed to a variety of challenging projects and has the opportunity to build a professional global network across TE. Upon successful completion of the assignment, the individual will have the opportunity to interview for the Supply Chain Rotation Program, a two year, full-time program, beginning after graduation. The Supply Chain Rotation Program also provides individuals with an excellent foundation for future leadership opportunities within TE.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
*Support and lead procurement activities to meet Key Performance Indicators Supplier Quality, Delivery, and Productivity.
* Contribute and support strategic commodity plans and supplier footprint development by assisting in the evaluation of suppliers, participating in plant surveys to evaluate prospective suppliers, and/or completing survey form and offering recommendations.
* Continually keeps informed on new products, substitute products and model changes by interviewing representatives, reading trade journals and related publications and making personal visits to local supplier facilities.
* Participate in regular staff meetings and Procurement Council where global/regional strategies, objectives, and performance goals are implemented and RFQ s are presented for approval.
* Build relationships and work with local plants to identify savings opportunities, develop cost effective suppliers, and follow through implementation.
* Work within various global regional internal contacts to support global leverage of spend and utilize Low Cost Country supplier capabilities.
* Drive local plants to standardize and adopt common process while aligning regional and local initiatives, such as scrap process, VMI, forecast, KPIs, new part number creation process, GMSS, best practices etc.
* Support engineering design and provide guidance for material selection, strategic supplier availability, and leveraging supplier base and capabilities.
* Working towards a Bachelor s Degree from a 4-year accredited university in supply chain, materials management, engineering or other related disciplines. Expected graduation between December 2017 and June 2018.
* Motivated individual able to learn quickly and work in a self-directed work environment with minimal supervision.
* A clear communicator who is able to speak and present confidently to a diverse audience, including senior management.
* Ability to work well in a cross-functional environment and with global team members.
* Fluent in English, reading, writing, and speaking English language.
* Proficient with MS-Office products SAP background is a plus.
* Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
* Minimum GPA in major of 3.0.