Summer 2017 Intern - UX/UI Design Intern 9/1/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Post Date:
Summer 2017 Intern - UX/UI Design Intern
Location: Hillsboro, Oregon
In Salesforce, we are lucky to get the best of both worlds of a small, nimble, startup-like environment while also working within a large company. This means you will see your ideas come to life quickly and have a large degree of ownership over the design of our products, while getting the benefit of seeing your work reach thousands of users.
As a UX/UI Design Intern, you will be working directly with other Designers, Product Managers, Engineers, and employees located around the globe. In short-every day you will work to make the employee experience at Salesforce awesome.
* Collaborating with other designers, engineers, and product managers on creating the best possible experience for our users
* Define target audiences' needs, tasks and goals and translate them into creative information architect concepts
* Organize and facilitate user research, concept testing and usability testing
* Negotiating and articulate the "why" of design decisions. You'll need to convince, to disagree confidently, take and give straightforward criticism
* Communicating designs through sketches, storyboards, user-flows, personas, wireframes, mockups and interactive prototypes - whatever is necessary for clear communication of the concept
* Empathizing and advocating for the user by identifying opportunities to improve product functionality and interactions and by evangelizing user-centered design within the company
* BA or BS in Design, Computer Science, or related field
* Enrolled in sophomore year or higher at a college/university
* Classroom or work experience in visual, interaction design and prototyping
* Must be self-motivated, a good communicator, comfortable following direction, and able to balance great design with short deadlines
* Ability to communicate your ideas to a wide variety of stakeholders
* Translate complex product requirements into concise, intuitive interaction
* A focus on problem-solving first and foremost, with an ability to understand and balance user goals with business strategy and technical feasibility
* Communicate effectively with both Engineers, Product Managers and other stakeholders in a collaborative environment
* Manage multiple projects simultaneously, handle a fast-paced work environment, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities
* A passion for your work and a positive and humble attitude
* Practical knowledge of design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Invision, etc.
Futureforce is for college students or new grads wanting to experience life at Salesforce, one of the World's Most Innovative Companies 5--years--running and one of Fortune's "100 Best Companies to Work For" 8-years-running.
Futureforce interns work on live projects, giving them the opportunity to make a tangible impact that they can show to friends, family, and future employers --if we don't hire them first (and, we hire 80% of our eligible interns)! They have the chance to collaborate and connect with the Salesforce interns from all over the world. And, like all Salesforce employees, interns also have many possibilities to volunteer, making a lasting impact in the community.
Futureforce offers a collaborative work environment, which fosters innovation, provides flexibility and most importantly is fun!
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes's "World's Most Innovative Company" five years in a row and one of Fortune's "100 Best Companies to Work For" eight years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
Salesforce.com is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com.