Summer 2017 Legal Intern
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 2/15/2017
Dairy Farmers of America
Kansas City, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONPrimary Duties / Responsibilities:
* Participate in and facilitate the preparation, execution and administration of agreements, contracts and other legal documents.
* Research and analyze various aspects of the law using statutes, case law, secondary sources, and administrative regulations, apply the analysis to fact patterns, and prepare memos with guidance on how the law will be applied in such circumstances.
* Create detailed legal and management reports, analyses and presentations using Microsoft Office software programs to create charts, graphs and slides as needed.
* Assist in the implementation of programs and projects designed to ensure the organization's continued compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
* Manage, track and report on the status of legal and commercial issues from other departments to ensure these issues and projects are resolved in timely fashion.
* Prepare and review confidential letters, legal and commercial research briefs, reports and memoranda while ensuring, among other things, accurate grammar, spelling and business formats.
* Monitor state and federal regulatory trends, activities, and requirements, including, without limitations, FDA, USDA, OSHA, EPA, CFTC, CBP, FTC, DOT, DOL, and BIS.
Perform other duties as assigned.