Summer 2017 Regulatory & Labeling Intern 9/7/2016
Dairy Farmers of America
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Primary Duties / Responsibilities:
* Assist labeling coordinator and regulatory compliance manager with light proofing of labels according to the regulations of the updated nutrition facts panel rule.
* Updating finished product specifications (internal) and customer databases to meet labeling changes for the nutrition facts panel rule.
* Learning LANSA/GS1 systems and maintaining/entering customer information.
* Validating allergen compliance labeling and other nutritional claims for finished product packaging.
* Using computer based software to generate nutrition and ingredient declarations based on raw material specifications and formulas generated by Research & Development.
* Review internal quality assurance testing plans for 9 fluid milk and ice cream facilities to standardize testing protocol that meets the business and operation needs.