Superintendent (Commercial GM / CM)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOIN A TOP NOTCH GENERAL CONTRACTING FIRM FOCUSED ON K-12, HIGHER EDUCATION, HEALTHCARE, PHARMA, MANUFACTURING, AND NON-PROFIT.
The SUPERINTENDENT will oversee field operations and ensure that multiple construction projects are successfully completed on time and meet the established budget, schedule safety and performance requirements. You will be empowered to grow, take charge and to make an impact, and will be provided with excellent benefits and development opportunities.
Manage projects on-site in accordance with directives provided by the Project Manger
To ensure that schedule, cost, safety, and quality objectives are met by:
* Meeting or exceeding project schedule
* Ensuring that adequate subcontractor manpower is on site to support the project
* Communicating with Subcontractors, Project Manager, Design Professionals and Owner to proactively identify schedule obstacles and resolve those obstacles before they affect the project
* Effectively managing field general conditions (dumpsters, small tools, etc.)
* Accurately documenting all T&M ticket work on a daily basis and effectively communicate with PM to promptly issue change orders or resolve contract disputes
* Drafting site management plan (laydown, housekeeping, etc.) and enforce plan
* Ensuring proper housekeeping at minimal cost to company or Owner
* Participating in safety audits per Operations Group goals
* Ensuring shutdown plans, lift plans, etc. are utilized per company guidelines
* Inspecting work installation for adherence to plans and specifications
* Understanding status of submittals
* Using Prolog RFI's (Request for information) as necessary to clarify constructability issues
Develop a positive relationship with customers that are consistent with project objectives and directives.
Participate in monthly invoice approval process for subcontractors
Fulfill daily project related tasks thoroughly and efficiently
Identify and resolve all potential problems and/or discrepancies contained in the contract documents
Responsible for field coordination not only between trades but including owner or owner resources.
Responsible for insuring the accuracy of surveys and layout.
Minimum 10 years' experience as a commercial GC/CM Superintendent
Must provide top level risk management - all areas
Able to coordinate all CSI Divisions and tradecontractors very well
Adept at pre-planning, sequencing, site logistics, and pushing schedule
Hospital, Pharmaceutical, and LEED experience a plus
Lump Sum experience a plus
Short Term Disability/Life Insurance
Employee Assistance Program
Training & Education