Superintendent I - Special Projects (Interiors)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/16/2016
Balfour Beatty Construction Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
The Interiors team in Austin is looking for a Superintendent with less than 7 years of experience that will help assist with the field management (Superintendent II and/or the Senior Superintendent) with the daily execution of the designated field operations of the construction project. Actively participates with the coordination of the subcontractors and self-performed work. Tracks and monitors with coordination of delivered materials. Proactively manages portions of the work ensuring the project is built on time, within budget and according to company policies and procedures.
PROJECT FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
* Participates with field management by monitoring the progress of the schedule for timely completion within budget. Preconstruction Services
* Assists field management in reviewing project estimates and cost control system at the beginning of the project.
* Participates in preconstruction planning, when possible, regarding the project schedule and budget. Reviews project estimates and cost control systems at the beginning of the project.
* Project Start-up and Scheduling
* Thoroughly understands project specifications, drawings, contracts and the contract s general conditions.
* Participates in subcontractor project orientation meetings. Works with office personnel in the communication and coordination of submittals and coordination drawings with subcontractors and field management.
* Participates with field management in the review and coordination of the Loss Prevention and Quality Control Program.
* Confirm that all materials and subcontracted work complies with the contract documents and quality specifications. Participates in defining the subcontractor s scope of work. Project Administration, Operations and Close-out
* Participates in field management by coordinating subcontractor and Balfour Beatty Construction field personnel in designated areas of expertise.
* Active with field management in communicating with subcontractors and employees a consistent level of expectations and direction regarding schedules, construction methods, company policies and procedures, permits, safety, quality control and other performance standards.
* Monitors with field management to ensure project site and company assets are secure, and maintains a safe and respectful working environment at all times by implementing safety, EEO, risk management, training, and quality control programs.
* Ensures the project closeout process is finalized to settle all financial obligations, demobilize all resources, and transition the project to the customer.
* Ensures that project completion/punch-list is completed prior to the project completion date.
* Explores and advises the project team on appropriate changes in methods, materials, schedules, and procedures. Ensures all materials are properly tested according to specifications and ensures that all test results are properly recorded.
* Confirm extra charges from subcontractors/suppliers are reasonable and work is correctly executed. Coordinates with project manager for approval on extra charges.
* Facilitates weekly project progress and safety meetings with all subcontractor representatives and coordinates the upcoming week s work. Partners with Loss Prevention professionals. Attends all progress meetings with the owner/architect representatives.
PROMOTE CUSTOMER RELATIONS
* Builds effective relationships with customers, design team, subcontractors, suppliers, and user groups that reflect and support company core values and meets or exceeds the customer s expectations.
* Actively participates in industry, client, and community relations to enhance company image.
* Responsible for the project site branding and cleanliness.
* Acts in a manner of integrity that shows support for the company, its values, and the employees, while maintaining constant focus on meeting or exceeding customer requirements and expectations.
* Proactively seek new business opportunities by building relationships.
* Keeps owners/architects informed of progress throughout the life of the project. Culture, Leadership and Employee Development
* Promotes our Creed. Communicates our vision and purpose through Service, Talent, and Choices.
* Serves as a role model and promotes professional behavior.
* Participates in personal career development through on-the-job training, attends operations classroom training programs and assists in the development of interns / co-ops.
* Negotiates skillfully in tough situations with internal and external parties by winning concessions without damaging relationships and being direct and diplomatic.
* Develop/mentor project team members.
* Manages and documents employee and subcontractor problems or nonperformance (along with the project manager) through mentoring/training, disciplinary action, termination, back charges, or other appropriate actions.
* Ensures all employees have relevant safety/loss prevention training for their position. Essential Competencies* (To be determined) Balfour Beatty Band/Position
* Focus on Excellence
* Foster Teamwork & Collaboration
* Respect & Value Others
* Integrity * Thinking Skills * Results Driven
* Establish Priorities
* Interpersonal Sensitivity
* Customer Focus
* Mindful of Risk & Safety
* Listen, Watch, Learn
* Functional Excellence * For key definitions, refer to the BBC Leadership Brochure
* B.S. in Construction Management, Engineering, or related field position. Must have less than 7 years experience working with Interior projects.
* Organizes people, tools, and equipment and plan/manage multiple activities to accomplish desired results.
* Makes decisions under tight deadlines, sometimes with incomplete information.
* Exhibits commitment to quality by evaluating project-related processes and makes necessary changes, using customer input to make improvements, and meeting/exceeding internal and external customer expectations.
* Acts in a manner of integrity that demonstrates support for the company values and the employees, while maintaining constant focus on meeting/exceeding customer requirements and expectations.
* Demonstrates proficiency using a personal computer (PC) and company communication tools, such as email, internet, and Microsoft products (e.g., Word, Excel, Office, Outlook).
* The majority of work is completed on job sites in an office trailer or in an existing structure. Due to daily condition changes on construction projects, when employees are outside of the office trailer or structure, they must wear appropriate personal protective equipment as required by the company's safety policies and as required for weather conditions.
* The project team and/or team members may need to move to other projected work geographic locations, if necessary.
Balfour Beatty is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, gender, pregnancy or breastfeeding, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, age, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, disability, or other status protected by state or federal law. Apply Now