This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 2/24/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONMORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
The position summary states the general nature and purpose of the job. Overall accountabilities are defined in this section.
This position is accountable for providing effective direction and coordination for the assigned plant through a group of first-line Production Supervisors. The plants have operations ranging from non-skilled, semi-skilled and skilled production employees. Plants produce products to meet scheduled commitments and may operate up to three shifts per day seven days a week. Guides and advises production supervisors in interpretation of plant and company policies and procedures. Takes appropriate action to maximize production yields, plans for future capacity and maintains flexibility in the production operations needed due to the variances.
Smithfield is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.
Responsibilities and tasks are written as follows:
30% Profitability, Yields and Efficiencies
* Assist in maintaining acceptable plant profitability.
* Monitor yields and efficiencies daily and take corrective action when appropriate.
20% Safe Working Environment
* Maintain safety and ergonomic programs to ensure a safe working environment and attain company goal of an injury free workplace.
* Develop topics and discuss at line meetings, train all employees to perform job safely; identify and correct safety hazards and ergonomic issues; attend all safety and ergonomic meetings; attain goals to reduce injuries and cost per claim of injuries.
20% Employee Relations and Training
* Maintain a high standard of employee relations.
* Train all supervisors and employees in company policies and procedures; counsel and or take corrective action as necessary; develop and maintain a program of continuous improvement; maintain a proactive approach in employee relations.
15% Product Quality, Customer Service, Sanitation Standards and Customer Service
* Maintain product quality and customer service standards.
* Ensure that sanitation standards are met daily; ensure product specifications and quality index are met or exceeded.
* Ensure that department manning and product scheduling is adequate to meet customer needs.
15% USDA Standards and Violations
* Ensure company and USDA standards are met.
* Perform daily troubleshooting, implement corrective action when necessary.
* Conduct line meeting s as necessary to discuss violations and required actions to ensure compliance and train all supervisors and employees on necessary standards.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
* Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Animal Science, Business or related field and three plus years of supervisory experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Experience using multiple computer applications including but not limited to Kronos, SAP and Microsoft Office Suite.
* Manufacturing knowledge and understanding of yields, plant efficiencies, and operations procedures.
* Knowledge of OSHA Standards and USDA and HACCP regulations.
* Must have ability to work with a diverse workforce; bilingual is a plus
* Must be able to work long hours, possibly to work 6 to 7 days per week during peak times.
* Directly supervise activities of 3 to 6 production supervisors representing a number of separate production departments or areas with up to 200 employees.
* Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
* Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee should possess to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
* Specific vision includes close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
* Frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Office and plant setting. The plant environment will include wet or humid conditions (non-weather related), extreme cold and heat (non-weather related), working near moving mechanical parts, exposure to fumes or airborne particles, and chemicals.
* Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can be loud when in the production area.