Sr Supervisor Credit/Collection
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/21/2016
END DATE 1/20/2017
Safran Morpho Trust
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Responsible for supervising team and overseeing front-end depositing and posting of incoming money, as well as reconciling payments received. Team Lead will both supervise and actively participate in front-end processing procedures and tasks.
Essential Job Functions (includes but is not limited to):
* Perform or assist in a variety of tasks related to maintaining the accounts receivable records, such as preparing customers statements, invoices and handle basic and escalated client inquiries. Additional responsibilities may include the following:
* Assist in the receipt and application of cash to customer accounts and invoices.
* Responsible for disputes in relation to Draw Accounts and Invoicing Statements.
* Verifies detail of transfer transaction, such as fund received and total account balances.
* Contact customers regarding payments, billing options, account reconciliations, and collections.
* Interact with other departments and perform special tasks to obtain and/or coordinate customer billing.
* Prepare and post refunds, credit and debit memos.
* Work with collections personnel to verify status on delinquent accounts.
* Open or close Draw Accounts as required.
* Analyzes and reports financial information timely and ensures accurate reporting for areas of responsibility.
* Follow and enforce all company protocol and controls.
* Ensure operational standards are followed in the accounts receivable and billing duties.
* Prepare monthly status reports for senior management.
* Report timely to upper management on all issues affecting successful processing and collection of accounts receivable.
* Develops good and productive working relationships with internal and external teams to Finance impacting area of responsibility.
* Adapts departmental plans and priorities to address business and operational challenges.
* Monitor team workload to ensure proper staffing to minimize overtime requests.
* Work with team to streamline manual process while ensuring audit controls are in place and working.
* Document procedures and changes to SOP.
* Participate in the selection and hiring of new employees.
* Provide training and guidance/coaching to staff and other department specialists.
* Set and monitor individual goals and performance measures, direct/coach and appraise job results. Provide timely performance and process improvement feedback to employees and facilitate ongoing training as needed
* Conducts monthly one on ones, at minimum, and team meetings focusing on production and sharing of best practices. Participates in the scheduling of team building activities.
Note: In addition to the Essential Functions, also performs similar work-related duties as assigned.
* Strong working knowledge of billing and financial processes, systems, controls and work streams
* Ability to work collaboratively in finance environment
* Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Word and Excel. Knowledge of Microsoft Access is helpful
* Strong leadership, organizational and time management skills.
* Meet firm deadlines
* Strong attention to detail
* Must be able to multi-task
* Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills with customers and colleagues
* Self-Starting ability
* Excellent customer services skills
Qualifications, Education and Experience:
* Bachelors degree in accounting or business related field, or equivalent work experience.
* 5+ years of billing and invoicing experience.
* Experience with Great Plains or other billing and accounting software is preferred
Travel Requirement, Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
* Travel not required
* General office environment. The work area is adequately lighted, heated, and ventilated. Working conditions may vary considerably based on assigned location.
* Office environment where the employee may sit comfortably to do the work. Some walking, standing, bending, reaching, and carrying of light items such as papers, books. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, and other office equipment. Normal range of hearing and vision required.
* The work requires light physical effort with frequent lifting and/or moving of materials in the 10-30 pound range.
Must be a US Citizen, without dual Citizenships
MorphoTrust is an equal opportunity employer.
We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics