Supervisor Butt Line (B)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 4/23/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONSUMMARY: Supervisor will provide day-to-day leadership and management for all Production employees at the Seaboard Foods Guymon Processing Plant. Establish means and methods to insure all Production employees perform job functions correctly and safely. Ensure production outputs are met, adhere to company policies and procedures, and responsible for employee performance and retention.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned at management's discretion.
* Provide the day-to-day leadership and management for Production employees in department.
* Assign, directs and monitor work performed by Production employees.
* Responsible for employee's performance appraisal, development, and discipline. Must be able to address and resolve issues.
* Ensure all new hires and existing employees perform their jobs safely, correctly and with the highest level of quality and ability.
* Responsible for meeting established production targets, quality and yield standards.
* Communicate daily expectations, direction and instructions and provide on going feedback to employees. Communicate any changes in policies or procedures as needed.
* Develop collaborative working relationship with all departments in the Plant.
* Complete all reports accurately and timely.
* Adhere to all safety procedures, accident investigation analysis, conduct departmental safety meetings, and utilize equipment provided for employee protection.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: 2 or more year's college education and 3 or more years meat packaging experience preferred, preferably in the pork industry, or combination of education and experience. Prior supervisory experience preferred.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents in the English language such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information before groups of customers or employees of the organization. Bilingual skills in Spanish preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely works near moving mechanical parts and is exposed to wet, cold and/or humid conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually at a level wear OSHA required hearing protection is required.
NORMAL WORK SCHEDULE: The hours and days of work are established by departmental needs and at the discretion of management. Must be available to work A or B or C shifts when need or as assigned.
Seaboard Foods is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action / Veteran / Disability Employer