This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 11/2/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION
JOB ID 20162872 DATE POSTED 09/07/2016 Description
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The role holder is responsible for the daily supervision and organization of assigned operations personnel in order to effectively and efficiently accomplish job tasks in line with departmental and National Grid requirements. At the higher levels this role will translate functional policy by managing day to day operations to drive greater efficiencies and performance within their own team and for National Grid.
POSITION RESPONSIBILTIES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO):
* Monitor performance of diverse staff including issues relating to sickness, discipline and poor standards of work in order to ensure that work is carried out efficiently and effectively.
* Contribute to the protection and safety of the public and organizational personnel by ensuring that employee personal protective equipment, tools and equipment, and materials, meet National Grid safety policies and standards.
* Ensure work is performed in accordance with applicable federal, state and local rules and regulations.
* Respond to gas emergencies and coordinate with other Company emergency response personnel, Emergency Response Agencies, Regulators and the Police.
* Support achievement of goals including operational targets, mandated objectives, budget goals, emergency response and safety.
* Support continual development of union workforce by conducting Safety Assessments (SUSA's), coaching, performance assessment and appraisal.
* Respond on site or via phone to off hour emergencies including Storm restoration, contractor damages, large scale outages, etc.
* Responsible to schedule daily I&R tasks, complete all mandated work within regulatory guidelines and address related union issues.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
* A Bachelor's degree or equivalent job related experience in a related area, 3 years' related experience is preferred.
* Technically proficient within subject matter or demonstrated ability to learn the business is preferred.
* A good working knowledge of tools and systems within designated area, or demonstrated ability to be able to become proficient in tools and systems is preferred.
* Possesses knowledge and understanding of National Grid's policies and processes and how to apply them effectively.
* Experience managing a team with the ability to build effective, respectful, working relationships is preferred.
This position is one of National Grid s career path roles which provide for promotional opportunities within and across salary bands as you develop and evolve in the position by gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills.
NATIONAL GRID IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER THAT VALUES A BROAD DIVERSITY OF TALENT, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND EXPERTISE.WE FOSTER A CULTURE OF INCLUSION THAT DRIVES EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT TO DELIVER SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE TO THE COMMUNITIES WE SERVE.NATIONAL GRID IS PROUD TO BE AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. WE ENCOURAGE MINORITIES, WOMEN, INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES AND PROTECTED VETERANS TO JOIN THE NATIONAL GRID TEAM.
:Maint & Construction
:Maint & Construction
:Sep 7, 2016, 7:56:33 AM
:Oct 31, 2016, 11:59:00 PM