Supervisor, Cash Applications
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 10/29/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Requisition #:
Supervisor, Cash Applications
JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for supervising the staff of Cash Application Specialists, managing the day-to-day operation of the department. This job is also responsible for serving as a resource for problem solving and resolution of complex issues.
JOB ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Oversee the daily cash receipt batch assignments.
2. Review documentation and transaction details entered into any of the Accounting Billing systems for accuracy.
3. Manage department productivity and ensure that established month end closing timeframes are met.
4. Review, resolve and assign all unidentified receipts.
5. Oversight of the Receipts/Billing mailboxes to ensure timely resolution.
6. Review discrepancies from Customer Finance Rep and manage communications when necessary.
7. Ensure resolution of cash posting issues.
8. Oversee the daily and monthly cash balancing to the Accounting system and bank.
9. Perform audits of daily and monthly deposits by both batch and date to ensure accuracy.
10. Interact with Information Technology Department to support system enhancements, defect resolution and system integrity.
11. Document departmental training procedures.
12. Select, develop, train and evaluate staff to ensure the efficient operation of department.
13. Collaborate, coordinate, and communicate across disciplines and departments.
14. Ensure compliance with HIPAA regulations and requirements.
15. Demonstrate commitment to the Company s core values.
16. The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
JOB SCOPE: The Supervisor, Cash Applications works under general supervision and has significant impact on financial reporting. An incumbent oversees the team and ensures that each person works to their full potential. An incumbent applies broad skills and knowledge to complete work that is complex in nature, with more complex issues referred to a higher level.
JOB REQUIREMENTS (Education, Experience, and Training):
* Minimum High School diploma or GED, Associate Degree preferred
* Minimum 5 years experience in Finance
* Minimum 5 years experience in Cash Application role
* Minimum 2 years in Supervisory or leadership role
* Required licensures, professional certifications, and/or Board certifications as applicable
* Knowledge of standard concepts, practices and procedures of cash application. Knowledge of healthcare industry
* Planning, organizing, analytical, problem solving, leadership, communication (written, verbal, and listening), and decision making skills, and mathematical skills
* Ability to analyze data and arrive at a logical conclusion. Ability to lead and mentor individual and teams.
* Ability to use software, hardware and peripheals related to job responsibilties, including MS Office.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Company will provide equal consideration to all employees and job candidates without regard to sex, age, race, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, service in the Armed Forces of the United States, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Additional BenefitsWe offer a competitive total compensation and benefits package, an incentive bonus program and an employee recognition program that acknowledges and rewards employees for outstanding performance. Here's a summary of the benefits we offer to MultiPlan employees.
•Medical Dental & Vision Insurance
•Optional and Dependent Life Insurance
•Short and Long-Term Disability
•Paid Time Off
•Paid Company Holidays
•Flexible Spending Account