Supervisor - Cash Posting Full Time
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/21/2016
END DATE 10/29/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONSupervisor - Cash Posting Full Time
Job Id: 43940
Supervises the day-to-day activities of the assigned CBO department staff to insure maximum productivity and completion and resolution of assigned projects and duties, and achievement of established monthly and quarterly accounts receivable goals in accordance with Concentra policies, practices and procedures.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Identifies, analyzes and manages all issues pertaining to accounts receivable and customer service inquiries
* Coordinates, assigns, audits and supervises work within departments to insure productivity standards and goals are consistently met.
* Weekly, reviews and analyzes past due receivables with AR Accountants.
Monitors cash application to ensure it is applied in a timely and accurate manner. * Establishes and maintain productive relationships with key resources including Managers as well as external payers.
* Participates actively in weekly AR calls; coordinate activities and share responsibility for projects with other key AR staff.
* Establishes and maintains the necessary billing and receivables tracking systems to maximize collections and cash flow. Work with accounting managers to determine the level of automation possible and the necessary personnel to achieve collection goals.
* Oversees monthly A/R reporting requirements.
* Ensures all cash, AR reconciliations and sales related adjustments are accurate and performed in a timely fashion.
* Supervises staff including: performance management, salary planning and administration, training and development, work-flow planning, hiring and placement, and disciplinary actions.
* Implements and maintains department compliances with new and existing policies and procedures.
* Ensures timely completion of month end duties
* Performs other duties as assigned
NO OF PEOPLE SUPERVISED: 10 - 25
* Bachelor s degree in Finance or Accounting or equivalent experience (2 years experience for every 1 year of college).
* 3 5 years progressive health-care billing experience including accounts receivables
* 6 months prior supervisory experience
DEMONSTRATED JOB-RELATED SKILLS/COMPETENCIES:
* Excellent communication and customer service skills
* Leadership skills
* Ability to take initiative and make decisions
* Knowledge of assigned state(s) workers compensation rules and regulations
* Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
* Ability to work overtime as required
* Broad knowledge of desktop computer applications
* Strong understanding of corporate accounting and internal control procedures.
* Knowledge of accounting and financial reporting software
* Proficient in Microsoft products and software
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* High level of attention to detail
* Team player, self-starter able to work with little supervision
* Sensitivity to the needs of every individual to be treated with respect and fairness.
* Ability to maintain a professional demeanor and confidentiality.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
* Office environment
* Ability to lift 20 pounds
* 401(k) with Employer Match
* Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
* Life Insurance/Disability
* Paid Time Off
* Colleague Referral Bonus Program
If you re looking for an organization that cares for your growth and well-being as much it does its patients, consider Concentra.
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disability/Veteran.