Supervisor Celery Maintenance
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
Dole Food Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONTracking Code
GENERAL DESCRIPTION / PRIMARY PURPOSE:
This position is responsible for maintaining all of the harvesting and transport equipment for the celery commodity program. The position must also provide support to the other product lines as needed.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS/DUTIES OF THE POSITION:
* Coordinates and supervises the daily activities of all bargaining-unit maintenance personnel. This position also coordinates and supervises the truck drivers for the Oxnard location.
* Ensures that all harvesting equipment is well maintained and meets all Food Safety Standards
* Provides assistance in the development and implementation of new projects
* Responds to all service calls to minimize crew downtime
* Maintains a preventative maintenance program for the harvesting equipment
* Provides assistance to other product lines and departments
* Coordinates the loading and transporting of harvesting equipment between areas
* Ensures that all maintenance personnel receive the required training and certifications and follow the department s safety program
* Must stay within budget without impacting customer service or the safety of the workforce
* Performs other duties as assigned or requested
* Extensive knowledge of fabrication, maintenance, electrical and hydraulics
* Extensive knowledge of DOT regulations
* Experience managing a bargaining-unit workforce
* Experience in the preparation of payroll and maintaining log sheets
* Knowledge and experience in record keeping for audits
* Knowledge of Food Safety requirements
* Microsoft Word/Excel and PC skills required
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
* AA or BA degree preferred. High School degree required
* 5-7 years experience in agricultural maintenance
Oxnard, California, United States
DOLE is committed to the policy of providing equal employment opportunities for training, compensation, transfer, promotion, and other aspects of employment for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status.